The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-27-2020, 05:17 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY
Default Leviora guitars

Has anyone played any of these?
https://leviora-guitars.de/en/guitars/steelstring/

I emailed the company asking some questions and got a response from Thomas Strieker saying he cannot build guitars right now.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 02-27-2020, 06:19 AM

The link is not happening for me...must be an iPad thing.. I played and did a video on the steel and nylon string back in the MacNichol forum days.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-27-2020, 10:19 AM
Guest 928

I played the same nylon played by Mr. K. It was a nice guitar--good intonation, nice sound. It did not end up in my collection for a number of not very good reasons: It was built along traditional lines and did not have the bevels of comfort, did not have a neck that suited my play, and did not (to my ear) sound like twice the money of a good Rainsong, Emerald, or Blackbird. I know that others bonded with the instrument and that my impressions are based on personal preference.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Kramster and Evan for your answers. I hope that more carbon fiber guitar companies come down the Pike. The more the better for us.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM

I played the steel string version way back in the MacNichol roadtrip days - I think it had fanned frets, too. Played amazingly well, the notes seemed to leap out of the guitar - super bright, from memory.
Crazy expensive though.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 02-27-2020, 07:58 PM

Hi Karen,
I played both the steel string and nylon string Leviora guitars when they went on the Mac Nichols' road trip. Both were lovely guitars.
Barb
Old 02-28-2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
I emailed the company asking some questions and got a response from Thomas Strieker saying he cannot build guitars right now.
Did he say anything about why or when he might resume? A Leviora is on my "someday" list, after an Emerald.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleFingers View Post
Did he say anything about why or when he might resume? A Leviora is on my "someday" list, after an Emerald.
Noodle Finders,he didn't say anything about why or when or if he might resume.

Thanks Barb and Tdq for your replies.

The price (from 2016) on their website says 2500 €.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:22 AM

Default Someone should get in touch with him

Losing such an artist would be a great loss to the community.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:11 PM

KarenB - I have a 6 and 12-string Leviora from Thomas and I love them. I hope he's planning on building more in the future!!! I know he's got two small twins, so being a Dad might be taking the fore right now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber