The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 08-06-2023, 08:50 PM

Default NKBD Update

The MX88 is a beast! My perfect keyboard. The MODX7 was a little more than I needed, though it sounded great and practically played itself. The MX88 keybed is amazing. The board is big being 88 keys, but I was able to get up and running and find usable tones and the features I want/need are all right on the board -- no deep menu dives to find them.

The CK line intrigues me but the MX line checks more boxes for me. I love it!

So I've had the board a couple weeks and have put it to my tests. It's amazing. Really intuitive to get to the advanced features. I have yet to hook up the software and run it to a computer but I'll save that for a rainy day. My keyboard player in the band loves it and the board has added so much quality to her tone and place in the band. Once she finds the voices that work for our lineup of songs it will be even better. The feel of the keybed is second to none. I don't know why I ever waited to get a weighted key keyboard but what a difference! The only gripe is the soft gig bag barely fits in my vehicle. I'd like a road case for but doubt it would be across the seats of my vehicle.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 08-21-2023 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:54 PM

Congrats on the MX88. I've looked at that keyboard and it seems like a good solid machine that should handle just about anything the average player would want to do with a keyboard other than serious rock organ. It's a lot of keyboard for the money. Congrats.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
Congrats on the MX88. I've looked at that keyboard and it seems like a good solid machine that should handle just about anything the average player would want to do with a keyboard other than serious rock organ. It's a lot of keyboard for the money. Congrats.
Thanks. Now that I've figured out how to use arpeggios on each voice I'm head over heels with it. Can't wait to hear our keyboard player in the band give it a rip.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:46 PM

Now that the MX88 is a staple in the band, and no fun to lug around every week, I decided to get a used MX49 to noodle around on. Should be here tomorrow.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments