The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Default New pickguard for my "old" guitar

My Yamaha Pacifica 012 is showing its age and the pickguard, which is about the only changeable part I haven't changed yet, aside from the bridge, trem block, blade switch and control knobs, has been cracking and I fear will no longer hold the one pickup in its proper place. Three years ago, only Ebay had affordable aftermarket replacement units and I don't/won't shop Ebay any more. I checked with a local music store and got a quote of $90 for a new one to be scribed, cut, beveled and drilled. I only paid $130 for the guitar...but then again I probably have about $500 in it for case, pickups, tuners, saddles, trem springs and jackplate.

Anyway, Amazon had a nice looking pearloid white replacement pickguard, back trem cover, and screws for $11.99. One day shipping with Prime

Stay tuned for pics.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
My Yamaha Pacifica 012 is showing its age and the pickguard, which is about the only changeable part I haven't changed yet, aside from the bridge, trem block, blade switch and control knobs, has been cracking and I fear will no longer hold the one pickup in its proper place. Three years ago, only Ebay had affordable aftermarket replacement units and I don't/won't shop Ebay any more. I checked with a local music store and got a quote of $90 for a new one to be scribed, cut, beveled and drilled. I only paid $130 for the guitar...but then again I probably have about $500 in it for case, pickups, tuners, saddles, trem springs and jackplate.

Anyway, Amazon had a nice looking pearloid white replacement pickguard, back trem cover, and screws for $11.99. One day shipping with Prime

Stay tuned for pics.
Sounds like with all the mods it's your own personal signature model . Looking forward to pics.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:39 PM

I think the new pearloid guard looks way better. For $11.99, I have no complaints.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
I think the new pearloid guard looks way better. For $11.99, I have no complaints.
Me, too! Looking good...
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 11-12-2019, 10:59 PM

Looks great! Adds some sparkle and personality to your guitar. Is that a Hot Rails or a Cool rails in the neck?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars