The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-18-2023, 09:46 AM

Default Fairbanks build

I’m going to have Dale build me a guitar. I originally fell in love with the F-50 that Carters Vintage has right now, and was thinking of trading in my Gibson custom shop SJ-200 towards it. But my youngest son (19) who also plays asked me not to as he loves that guitar. So I reached out to Dale and his info and timelines to do a new build. I have only played the F-50, which has the J-200 sound I love. It if I’m keeping the Gibson, that seems redundant. Would love opinions of other Fairbanks models you have played.

Other than the J-200, I also have a J-45 twelve string and an old Fender acoustic that I bought used as a kid; it’s nothing great, just sentimental. I have lots of electrics, mandos, etc but just these listed in acoustic guitars.

It’s hard to tell from videos online, but if I was basing it on those, I am probably leaning towards the super smeck.

All feedback appreciated. This is my first post as I just learned of this forum. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2023, 02:22 PM

Our forum search is your friend! Use the alternate ‘forum search’ link from the menu to drill down into the custom section.

I doubt you would be disappointed by any of Dale’s guitars, but each has a different ‘sound palette’ depending on its size and tonal wood. If ypu have any means of doing it, I hope you can sample some of his guitars in advance.

Welcome to AGF!

Rick
AGF Moderator
Old 12-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Smile Welcome!

Welcome to the AGF

I expect you will get lots of input from Fairbanks owners and fans.

Nice way to get going here. Have FUN

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
custom acoustic, fairbanks