The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-16-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Yes, but amazon.nl somehow only sells Enya ukuleles.
yeah....I went to amazon.de and saw only ukes too. I'd be patient rather than give money away unnecessarily. Amazon in europe will eventually have them in stock. Go to enya and see if you can get them direct from an enya dot europe site, although the enya. com usa site doesn't even have the sp1 listed at all. I'll be eagerly waiting for someone from agf to give us some feedback on how they really sound up close. This looks like a killer busker so it might be hard to get at first.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp
Old 11-22-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Nova Go AI.. SP1 now available with on board effects!

See Ebay or Amazon.. this guitar now is available with onboard effects , a sound card, and an app !

Check it out!

Enya Nova Go AI or SP-1
Old 11-22-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurth View Post
yeah....I went to amazon.de and saw only ukes too. I'd be patient rather than give money away unnecessarily. Amazon in europe will eventually have them in stock. Go to enya and see if you can get them direct from an enya dot europe site, although the enya. com usa site doesn't even have the sp1 listed at all. I'll be eagerly waiting for someone from agf to give us some feedback on how they really sound up close. This looks like a killer busker so it might be hard to get at first.
There are lots of YouTube Videos now on the ASI and the SP1...!

Check them out on this carbon fiber smart guitar..
Old 11-22-2022, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

I see the price and delivery charge is different on Amazon (US), depending on the color you choose - go with black and it will be $279 plus $100 delivery charge, and the delivery will be two weeks or so. Go with white, and there is a 20% off coupon, no delivery charge (Amazon Prime), and delivery will be 10 days.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:14 AM

Just got this delivered from Amazon last night and here’s my 4 cents worth…

Looks super cool in the black color in person ……even more so than in the pics. I really could not deal with the pastel colors, why would they do that?

I’ve came with a new style gig bag / fabric case which does not look as nice as the older style rubberesque one........sufficient sure but it seems to be puffier/ bulkier than the original, not ideal for travel is my thought

Sounds pretty good for it’s small size, I have had many travel sized guitars including a couple other enyas, Martin lxme, baby Taylor, Yamaha guitaleli, and you have to coax the sound out of them by playing technique… certain sounds+/playing styles resonate well some do not....

Intonation is acceptable but not perfect.

Fit and finish is very nice overall.

***Strings have got to be changed, what gauge is stock and any recommendation on them?
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G

Last edited by kenstogie; 01-21-2023 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Just got this delivered from Amazon last night and here’s my 4 cents worth…

Looks super cool in the black color in person ……even more so than in the pics. I really could not deal with the pastel colors, why would they do that?

I’ve came with a new style gig bag / fabric case which does not look as nice as the older style rubberesque one........sufficient sure but it seems to be puffier/ bulkier than the original, not ideal for travel is my thought

Sounds pretty good for it’s small size, I have had many travel sized guitars including a couple other enyas, Martin lxme, baby Taylor, Yamaha guitaleli, and you have to coax the sound out of them by playing technique… certain sounds+/playing styles resonate well some do not....

Intonation is acceptable but not perfect.

Fit and finish is very nice overall.

***Strings have got to be changed, what gauge is stock and any recommendation on them?
I had some diadarrio 12 guage Phosphor bronze 80/20 and threw them on... They seem like the same guage as stock.....

at first they were to bright and jangly but after getting used to them and them settling in they are nice.... Not sure why but it seems that intonation is better with new strings.... My next set will be Elixer 12's but since I had these I threw them on....

Action is good not awesome but good...
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G
Old 05-08-2023, 08:47 PM

Just thought I’d throw this out there…. If you are trying to connect your nova go to your iPad to record straight… you may need to plug it into a hub and a power pack…. Much like hooking up a usb mic that draws to much power from the iPad….
I thought mine was defective but that was not the case…. I would’ve thought that the internal battery would be sufficient but….
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G
Old 05-12-2023, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Just thought I’d throw this out there…. If you are trying to connect your nova go to your iPad to record straight… you may need to plug it into a hub and a power pack…. Much like hooking up a usb mic that draws to much power from the iPad….
I thought mine was defective but that was not the case…. I would’ve thought that the internal battery would be sufficient but….
So I tried this (iPad connection to record direct) even adding a powered hub but it simply did not work… I asked ENYA and they were essentially useless…saying that it had “uSB OTG connectivity and You can plug it directly into your phone or PC to record any creative ideas that you have on the guitar without needing an audio interface” But I’m calling bulli***** on this……. at least with an iPad and presumably iPhone as it’s the same operating system.

At first I thought it must be a defective guitar so I returned and reordered. Second guitar still did not work. Back it goes. Only buy this from the Amazon…
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G
Old 05-12-2023, 07:00 AM

Default iPhone iPad to USB

Just wondering if you are using the **powered** Apple lightning to USB adapter? If so, please disregard my note.

The local Apple Store told me (I’m new to iPhone iPad world) to use the powered adapter for some devices such as USB flash drive sticks, SD Card readers, USB external hard drives, USB microphones and digital cameras. I’m guessing the same might be needed for the Enya Go? The powered adapter has a lightning socket that accepts power from your iPhone iPad power charger or a portable power pack.

PS. I’d take the guitar to the Apple Store to check this before buying the adapter. Amazon reviews have 6% reports of compatibility problems or durability problems (perhaps reduce cord flexing by adding a sacrificial extra long lightning extension cable?)

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...s%2C173&sr=8-3
2014 Fender Concert Pro (New Hartford) - red spruce, mahogany

Last edited by casualmusic; 05-12-2023 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualmusic View Post
Just wondering if you are using the **powered** Apple lightning to USB adapter? If so, please disregard my note.

The local Apple Store told me (I’m new to iPhone iPad world) to use the powered adapter for some devices such as USB flash drive sticks, SD Card readers, USB external hard drives, USB microphones and digital cameras. I’m guessing the same might be needed for the Enya Go? The powered adapter has a lightning socket that accepts power from your iPhone iPad power charger or a portable power pack.

PS. I’d take the guitar to the Apple Store to check this before buying the adapter. Amazon reviews have 6% reports of compatibility problems or durability problems (perhaps reduce cord flexing by adding a sacrificial extra long lightning extension cable?)

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...s%2C173&sr=8-3

Yes I tried that… it didn’t work. I even joined a ENYA fb group to see if it was me and others reported the same …..then an ENYA rep chimed in that it should work but a couple days ish later that said it did NOT work but they were working on it. I don’t believe they did fix it but to be fair I don’t know as I returned mine. I think it’s prudent to assume it doesn’t.
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber