The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-30-2019, 09:16 AM

Default Gibson WM-00

This is a model you do not see very often. So when one popped up a few weeks back 20 minutes down the road with a scary low price tag, my curiosity got the better of me.

The WM guitars were Bozeman's first attempt at a budget line. Three of the four models were offered only from 1998 to 2001. This one was birthed in 2001 making it the only guitar I own built in the century I am living in. Easy to see where Gibson cut costs - morado board and bridge, gloss finish only on top and neck, single ring rosette, and such. Oddly they were originally outfitted with gold Rotomatics. Luckily, those that came with my guitar were sitting in the case having been replaced with Kluson Keystones.

Unlike the other models, the WM-00 was not based on a guitar appearing in past catalogs but was a pure Bozeman concoction. It mates a round 14 7/8" lower bout with a 4 3/4" J45 depth. 1 3/4" nut with a Fat C neck carve. The prominent feature of the guitar's voice is its full on saturated mids. Crisp upper end but it does take a heavier gauge string to wake up the low end.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:29 AM

Default Gibson

Nice find! And it's a custom label
Old 11-30-2019, 11:47 AM

Very cool guitar! Enjoy!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 11-30-2019, 12:01 PM

I like the overall shape; nice review.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:15 PM
Guest 33123

The shape reminds me of some Gurian guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
ent and fetched