The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Default My journey to a Emerald X7-os

I love my CA Cargo with it's deep bass response, and full rich tone. The high trebles are a little too metallic for me, but other than that, it is a great guitar. I leave it at my mom's house so I can play it when I visit, and never have to worry about humidity & temp related problems. And everytime I pick it up, I love the thing.

But it is big and heavy for traveling, and totally not a beach or a camping or backpacking guitar.

The emerald x7-os is a decent compromise.

Last edited by LoMa; 04-21-2022 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Yay!!!!!!!

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM

You seem happy. Kayaking and Emeralds is always good.

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-27-2012, 09:18 PM

I love my X7-OS. It is my primary guitar. There is a feature it has that you find only on custom handmade guitars which is an incredible bonus. That's the beveled edge for resting the forearm. A small touch, but adds to the comfort--especially if when you play long hours you find a groove forming in your arm or your circulation cutting off. That feature alone adds hundreds to the cost of custom guitars. For carbon fiber, it can be designed in at the beginning. Lovely. There also is a beveled edge for playing notes past the 14th fret, but I seldom am in that area.

The size is right, the weight is amazing (2.8 lbs), it's nearly indestructible, priced right. Oh, and love the sound. I believe it is Emerald's biggest seller.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber