The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-13-2020, 04:22 AM

Default Recent Enya X3 Experiences?

I realize there are some older threads on the the Enya guitars, but does anyone have anything new to share?

I’m considering an X3 and wondering if it will need to be set up, what the sound is like, how quickly Enya US ships, and general experiences with the company and guitar.

Thanks!

Last edited by latentaudio; 05-13-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:32 PM
Guest 928

There have been a limited number of reviews regarding the Enya. What's needed are more people like you who are curious enough to give the guitar a try. I don't know if Enya has a return policy, but if so you might take a shot and report back.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:49 AM

Yeah their guitars did grab my attention. However, the nut width on their guitars is a little too slim for my needs. 1 11/16" I believe it was for all their carbon models. They do have a good reputation as a company though.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
There have been a limited number of reviews regarding the Enya. What's needed are more people like you who are curious enough to give the guitar a try. I don't know if Enya has a return policy, but if so you might take a shot and report back.
I took your advice and ordered one.

The company was very prompt at answering questions before I ordered. They said it would ship two days after the order was placed and that’s exactly when it shipped.

It should arrive Wednesday. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:20 AM
Guest 928

Good! I, and others, look forward to your review. Is there a return policy that allows you a bit of time for assessment?
Old 05-22-2020, 05:35 AM

Enya shipped when they said they would and UPS delivered on time with no drama.

I bought the 41” X3 without electronics or cutaway.

My experience has been very similar to other reviews here. Fit and finish is really good. Intonation is very good. The body resonates nicely and it sustains for days! I play fingerstyle with no nails or picks and the tone is very piano like and articulate with a good amount of bass.

The only downside is that the action was terrible as shipped. It took a lot of sanding of the Tusq bridge to make the guitar playable.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentaudio View Post
The only downside is that the action was terrible as shipped. It took a lot of sanding of the Tusq bridge to make the guitar playable.
I wouldn't let that bother you. Most guitar makers send their guitars with high action from the factory.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber