The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paikon View Post
wow..big words...Have you ever played his instruments?

edit..i mean what makes a great instrument? reputation?

I don't mean that as a knock on his personal technique, I just don't honestly believe that his average concert instrument really takes him 300 hrs of work...but hey, I may be entirely wrong since I've never built a guitar myself!

In my defense, though, I have read posts by veteran luthiers (on other forums) stating that they average 100-150 for a quality instrument.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0INTD View Post
I don't mean that as a knock on his personal technique, I just don't honestly believe that his average concert instrument really takes him 300 hrs of work...but hey, I may be entirely wrong since I've never built a guitar myself!

In my defense, though, I have read posts by veteran luthiers (on other forums) stating that they average 100-150 for a quality instrument.
Fair enough but maybe he takes his time to build his guitars... in Greece we dont rush
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 AM

Great video. I really like the clip of the tone tapping and weighing/mixing the lacquer.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 AM

That video was well done. Especially for those of us with no (and I do mean no) woodworking skills at all. I enjoyed the music too. Thanks for the post.

Guitars:
A few, but on the hunt for the "one"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical