The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Default Guitar Pro 6 - Custom Soundbanks

Hey forum,

I'm actually beginning to write arrangements, not full-on compositions yet, on Guitar Pro 6. For those who do use Guitar Pro, there is the option of using the RSE (Realistic Sound Engine) to install Soundbanks into the program to sort of "add" more instruments. I'm curious in where if I can make custom soundbanks where I can use the sounds from the electronics on my acoustic and make that a soundbank to make it more beneficial to me, kind of "hearing myself play". Is it possible? Any tips?

Thanks
Justin
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Default Have not seen where you can make your own soudbanks

I've been using Guitar Pro extensively for about 6 months now and I really like it.

Having said that I avoid most of the sound banks sticking to the a clean "Jazz guitar" or the Martin acoustic sound. I normally use the piano sound for vocal melodies. The documentation available on the Guitar-pro.com web site is getting better with a number of video tutorials showing up. None of them suggest that you can make your own sound banks. There is one for managing sound banks but that's as close as they seem to get.

To find the tutorials look under the support section of the website.

John C.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:10 PM

Does it have to be Guitar Pro? There's a free program, linuxsampler, which lets you play, edit and create sampled instruments in the .gig format.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD