The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
They handle up to at least 13's fine. My friend has been rocking 13's on his Furch Dread for about 6 months no issues.

If anything being lightly built means humidity has less wood to affect, so can go sideways quicker.

Luckily, the Hiscox cases are really good at keeping humidity. So throw some humidipaks and be done.

The Czech Republic tends to be less humid, and the Furch factory is pretty wide open. That being said, my two seem to be unaffected by low humidity ( I keep them out year round, and have seen it get down into the 20% range), but over 50% humidity in the summer does effect them quite a bit.
Taylor 612CE

Furch 2018LTD (OM)
Furch Rainbow Series Jumbo 12s
Furch Little Jane

McFarland resonator
Old 03-31-2021, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
Gee Barry
Why is it taking so long for you to receive this guitar?
Actually it's sitting home waiting for me to get there to open it.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 03-31-2021, 05:25 PM

Enjoy! It's a blast opening that case for the first time. I'm always shocked how resonant mine is through the case. And it's only being 3 and a half inches thick
Old 03-31-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Actually it's sitting home waiting for me to get there to open it.
Whoa!!! Hold on tight! Here we go!!!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 04-12-2021, 02:07 PM

Ok Barry, 12 or so days later (I think). AND?????? Inquiring minds wanna know if you love it!
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 04-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule18 View Post
Ok Barry, 12 or so days later (I think). AND?????? Inquiring minds wanna know if you love it!
LOL, my NGD thread was 9 pages back already.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=611609

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 04-12-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
LOL, my NGD thread was 9 pages back already.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=611609
Hah, that's funny. Thanks for the link (I'm currently a Furch lurker).
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 06-12-2021, 11:47 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
Glad to help Barry! My Boucher is due in on Friday if all goes according to plan? I was reading about Roger Schmidt and his influence on Furch to bring their guitars to North America. I'm curious about the Furch/Stone Bridge relationship and the new line (Avenir) from Stone Bridge which sound a lot like an old Lowden I used to own (O-22c). Same headstock shape as Furch and Stone Bridge.
Anyway...congrats in advance on your Furch Barry. Hope it's a keeper!

I am a novice in the forum. I happened to read this thread using the keyword Avenir and decided to leave my first message in this thread because of my love for Avenir.

I went to Brickhouse today. Originally planned to pull the trigger on Furch Rainbow LC, but ended up bringing back Stonebridge Avenir Engelmann/Wenge instead. I never owned a Lowden guitar but watched several video clips released by the official Lowden account. To my ear, I share a similar impression with Jim, that the new Avenir guitar sounds like Lowden. Further, for what it's worth, I even think that the new Avenir Engelmann/Wenge sounds like the blend between Furch and Lowden. This is a lightly built and super responsive guitar with a very rich, complex, sweet, and warm tone. It's also of the feature of Irish guitars with the piano-like overtone and boasts almost double the volume compared to Taylor 814ce, and 1.5-time volume compared to Furch Rainbow LC. The sustain lasts until tomorrow. When I watched the video in which Roger played this guitar, I knew it is good. But I never expected it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I was so surprised and amazed by this guitar. Although I still love the tonewood combination of Alpine spruce and Cocobolo in Furch Rainbow, I have no regret at all to bring Avenir home!

I also own a Seagull Artist Studio CH (Sitka/IRW), the new Avenir makes my beloved Seagull sound like a laminated one.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Yuan0208; 06-13-2021 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan0208 View Post
I am a novice in the forum. I happened to read this thread using the keyword Avenir and decided to leave my first message in this thread because of my love for Avenir.

I went to Brickhouse today. Originally planned to pull the trigger on Furch Rainbow LC, but ended up bringing back Stonebridge Avenir Engelmann/Wenge instead. I never owned a Lowden guitar but watched several video clips released by the official Lowden account. To my ear, I share a similar impression with Jim, that the new Avenir guitar sounds like Lowden. Further, for what it's worth, I even think that the new Avenir Engelmann/Wenge sounds like the blend between Furch and Lowden. This is a lightly built and super responsive guitar with a very rich, complex, sweet, and warm tone. It's also of the feature of Irish guitars with the piano-like overtone and boasts almost double the volume compared to Taylor 814ce, and 1.5-time volume compared to Furch Rainbow LC. The sustain lasts until tomorrow. When I watched the video in which Roger played this guitar, I knew it is good. But I never expected it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I was so surprised and amazed by this guitar. Although I still love the tonewood combination of Alpine spruce and Cocobolo in Furch Rainbow, I have no regret at all to bring Avenir home!

I also own a Seagull Artist Studio CH (Sitka/IRW), the new Avenir makes my beloved Seagull sound like a laminated one.

Just my two cents.
So those are actually basically rebranded Maestro guitars from Singapore! Potential for a great guitar for sure!
Old 06-13-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
So those are actually basically rebranded Maestro guitars from Singapore! Potential for a great guitar for sure!
Thank you for reminding this. I thought of this as well. But I also played Maestro Private Collection Singa Swiss Spruce, which should be the culmination of the Maestro guitars line, in Brickhouse yesterday. Avenir is more responsive and rich than Maestro Private. This A-B comparison amazed me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion