The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severrin View Post
I just attempted to purchase the previously-viewed set, and they don't sell them anymore. only the new sets, and they have an option for a jumbo guitar with amp and extended versions. lol i guess my choice is $150 for the book and dvds or 350 to get a guitar amp and gig bag with it. lol
Welcome to AGF. The previously viewed sets are the early version before it was redone under the Gibson name. Check eBay, too, but make sure it's the expanded edition.

For what you get, though, $150 is not a bad price.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Just ordered the course.
Here I go again making another attempt at learning guitar.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb56 View Post
Just ordered the course.
Here I go again making another attempt at learning guitar.
Hope springs eternal! The advice I give myself, and which I have a lot of trouble heeding (!), is to be patient with yourself and stick with it. Give it at least 30 minutes a day and you will see progress. Hope you the best.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM

Broadus, I think I've talked to you before a few years back when I was attempting guitar. I'm feeling good about it this time. Looking forward to the journey.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb56 View Post
Broadus, I think I've talked to you before a few years back when I was attempting guitar. I'm feeling good about it this time. Looking forward to the journey.
I thought your user name looked familiar. And the word "journey" is appropriate. A worthwhile one, so it seems to me.

Bill
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Curmudgeon

Well, it looks like this thread sold another copy of the course. I started taking lessons about a month ago. The first couple lessons were great, but the last one kind of made me wonder if I had the right teacher. I paid for one more month and will see what happens but now I have a backup plan or supplemental material either way.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM

Hope your lessons go well for you. If not, you've got a good backup plan.

Bill
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM

Good move Norml, I got the course last week and I'm really enjoying it.
Make use of the L&MG forum, the bonus materials and the tuesday live lessons (all free). Less than one week into the course and I'm already making progress. Not starting out as a newbie but as a frustrated wanna be that has given up a few times. This time I see myself sticking with it.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:49 PM

Default learn n master

I bought a copy of learn n master guitar of ebay its a bit frustrating but learning on dvd 3 n 4 couldn't post on the fourm so joined this one
Old 10-26-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I bought a copy of learn n master guitar of ebay its a bit frustrating but learning on dvd 3 n 4 couldn't post on the fourm so joined this one
Welcome to AGF, dice. You'll find this a helpful place.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

I'll share. I think the L&M programs are very well organized and are done very professionally. It is a good course. I got through lesson 10 and then lost interest, mainly because I wasn't learning songs I wanted to play. I grew a little bored with the little exercises each lesson, and nothing added up to a complete tune of my interest. The other thing that soured me on the system was that I always felt that I was being marketed to, to purchase supplemental material from the L&M folks. But if you are someone who lacks focus (like me) and enjoys more structure at times for your learning (like me), then I recommend the course. The course also helps you build solid music theory knowledge.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

I bought this course, I don't know, 3 4 maybe 5 years ago. I got bored with it pretty fast. Personally I don't think the course is laid out very good for someone like myself who already knows how to play your average guitar.

For someone who is brand new maybe it would be a good thing to start with. From my understanding they also updated the course and added newer songs to the play list. They had all of this very old non copyrighted stuff before that nobody is interested in learning.

But then again, I have never see a course I thought was laid out very good. Most of them are taught by musicians who have zero knowledge of how to teach.

I got more out of a John Denver song book that showed the patterns of how to play all of his songs, in his finger picking patterns, than I ever have out of these type of learning courses. I got a lot out of Eric Lamberts Blue Grass instruction from Truefire, but you need to know how to play a guitar before you use his material.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
You can join their forum. I was given the course as a gift and I joined their forum without any problem despite not having purchased it from them.

http://community.learnandmaster.com/...master-guitar/
Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
I'll share. I think the L&M programs are very well organized and are done very professionally. It is a good course. I got through lesson 10 and then lost interest, mainly because I wasn't learning songs I wanted to play. I grew a little bored with the little exercises each lesson, and nothing added up to a complete tune of my interest. The other thing that soured me on the system was that I always felt that I was being marketed to, to purchase supplemental material from the L&M folks. But if you are someone who lacks focus (like me) and enjoys more structure at times for your learning (like me), then I recommend the course. The course also helps you build solid music theory knowledge.
They do have the song hits material which applies the material from the lessons to contemporary songs from various genres.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write