The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2022, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Default Small PA questions (Elite, Fishman, Bose, Evolve)

Still working on a better live sound setup. Have...

Bose L1 Classic with sub
Bose T1 and other good, small mixers
Fishman SA220
10" powered speakers (I forget the name)

So, been using Fishman SA220 and it does fine but I feel I can get better, plus, need more versatility for larger rooms, number of players, portability, ease of use, etc.

1. Can the Bose sub be used with other systems?

2. If I were to buy an Elite D6-58 or an Evolve 30M, could I attach the Fishman SA220 somehow to get more coverage if I needed it?

I usually play solo, me and acoustic guitar but might have someone on bass or other acoustic, as well.

Fishman also has the SA330 but I am not seeing it mentioned as much as these others above. And of course, Bose has more current models than my ancient L1 Classic with the uber-heavy base!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:47 PM
Charter Member

1. Can the Bose sub be used with other systems? Do you mean the sub that came with the Classic? The current B1/B2 can, don't know about that really old one.

2. If I were to buy an Elite D6-58 or an Evolve 30M, could I attach the Fishman SA220 somehow to get more coverage if I needed it? Yes. Your SA220 can take inputs from 1/4 inch and XLR cables, and the D6-58 and 30M have corresponding outputs.

Fishman also has the SA330 but I am not seeing it mentioned as much as these others above. And of course, Bose has more current models than my ancient L1 Classic with the uber-heavy base! The SA330x isn't mentioned as much *here*, but it is an outstanding PA and definitely has fans here and in the wider world."
Old 05-01-2022, 07:56 AM

IÂ’m not sure my input is completely applicable, but IÂ’ll share a few thoughts. An unpowered mixer may make it easier to add additional instruments/inputs. I have 2 Yamahas (6 & 12 channel depending on need), but quite a few companies make quality, affordable mixers. I did the solo acoustic guitar/singing thing for several years, but havenÂ’t for a dozen years or so. I was getting new pa stuff together in late 2019/early 2020 when on sale - then COVID came along. Out of a mixer, I found that I can daisy chain powered speakers together, so can run 2, 4, or 6 speakers. I mostly used a Fender Passport when playing out at small bars and such in early 2000s, but a mixer and ability to add powered speakers seemed to be a more versatile approach.

Best of luck getting your pa sorted out.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:57 AM

EV30 can be lined out to your SA220. That would make a great combination. Playing through the Aux out of the EV you can control the gain,EQ, and mute the SA220.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:34 AM

I agree with all above.

I can't speak for Bose. I do not currently own or use any of the models mentioned in your post.

I have a 330x and used to own two of the 220s. Recently bought the EV30M to use while the 330x is out for repair.

The EV is GREAT sounding, super easy to set up/tear down. You can definitely run out of the EV into the 220 as mentioned above.

I agree with wweiss, that would make a great combination for extra coverage.

Last edited by JPH; 05-03-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
I agree with all above.

I can't speak for Bose. I do not currently own or use any of the models mentioned in your post.

I have a 330x and used to own two of the 220s. Recently bought the EV30M to use while the 330x is out for repair.

The EV is GREAT sounding, super easy to set up/tear down. You can definitely run out of the EV into the 220 as mentioned above.

I agree with wweiss, that would make a great combination for extra coverage.

Yes, but I’ll be surprised if you need it. The coverage from a single 30M is pretty great!
Old 05-06-2022, 05:46 AM

I played an outdoor gig last night using an elite d6-8 my and ran the line out to a SA220 and another to a Bose S1 as a speaker/monitor.. It all worked great and I could really dial in my sound with the Elite. I think that is going to be my outdoor go to for now on for larger gigs,
Old 05-06-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranged View Post
I played an outdoor gig last night using an elite d6-8 my and ran the line out to a SA220 and another to a Bose S1 as a speaker/monitor.. It all worked great and I could really dial in my sound with the Elite. I think that is going to be my outdoor go to for now on for larger gigs,

Did you use the mixer out EQ? I LOVE that feature?
Old 05-08-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Yes, but I’ll be surprised if you need it. The coverage from a single 30M is pretty great!

I'm glad to hear that! I've taken it out for shows twice so far. I have some more gigs this week. So far I am really enjoying it. At some point, I'm sure I'll get a chance to push the EV a bit at a small theater gig or outdoors.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification