The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-06-2012, 02:43 AM

Default Pickup for Guild GAD jf30

Hello everybody,

A year ago I got the Guild GAD jf30 and had never used it live until last week. I always thought that with a mic next to the sound hole there wouldn’t be any problem for playing live but as it turns out, I was wrong. Sound tech told me that the signal he got from the guitar was too weak comparing with the other instruments (voice for example) so he couldn’t get the levels right.... In other words, I need to electrify my guitar.

More data: I´m mainly an electric guitarist and I hate the sound of the electrified acoustics (that’s why I got a guitar that could only be played acoustically). I also prefer to play whatever arpeggios, solos or strums with fingers rather than picks.

What would you recommend? I need something really good. I mean to sound as close to the original sound of the guitar as possible. I know that looking for a pickup for acoustic is like seeking the Holy Grail but I´m sure you have more experience than me…

From what I’ve read so far, Fishman and LR baggs seem to be the main players out there, any other suggestion??

Thank you very much in advance

Last edited by George gr; 03-06-2012 at 02:48 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
guild gad jf30, pickups, transducers