The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-18-2002, 01:01 PM
More guitars than talent

Default eMedia guitar software

Anyone have any opinions on this software? I'm not sure if it is worth it and what level to start with.

I'm self taught and started when I was 14 (now 39) and just took it up again two years ago after a 10 year sabbatical. I play electric and acoustic in my Church worship band. We play contemporary music that can be acoustic, rock or blues.

I read music and took piano for 12 years, trumpet for 8 and even a couple years of voice lessons. I can play most chords by heart that are thrown at me in the music and I can play VERY BASIC leads. I did master the Carry on Wayward Son guitar part (not the high lead, but all the rest). I just don't have time for lessons with a "real" teacher with job, wife and 2 school age kids BUT I want to be able to fingerpick and play leads on the fly.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 11-19-2002, 09:59 PM

Hello, I have only been playing since this past March. I purchased the eMEdia guitar cd from a forum member that had an extra and I love it! It is all I have been using. I am looking forward to guitar lessons though when I start in January. The emedia lessons were very helpful, easy to use, my kids have even picked up the Baby T and popped in the Cd and learned strum patterns, easy chords and some easy songs. I am no master but enjoy the pace of the cd. It is the best purchase I have made! I know you will enjoy it! Shawn
Past Acoustics
2001 Quilted 615ce
Baby "Hog" Taylor

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Old 11-19-2002, 10:17 PM

I like the software alot. I started with the most basic disk and found that I already knew it all up to about lesson 50 (of 78). But that is OK with me, I really wanted to find that spot where what I knew from 30 years ago ended so I could continue from there.

Spoke with the software's designer at Macworld NY last August and he said they were going to work on piano lessons next.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:35 PM

I wrote a review of this software on my site. the link to the review is http://pickin-n-grinnin.com/product%20review.htm the review is about 2/3 of the way done the page. The chapter on theory also contains an animated circle of fifths. If you decide to purchase from eMedia please mention the review. The piano software should be out in the first quarter of 2003 or early into the second quarter. Also drop me a line and let me know what you think of the rest of the site.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:18 AM

I called and talked with the folks at emedia and ended up buying the second in the series. I would say it was worth the money. However, I have not set down and just gone from one lesson to the next.

I seem to work on it for a while and then I go learn some tab on something I wanted to learn and then I go back the software.

I think it has helped me.
Midnight Shadow

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell