The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-24-2021, 11:13 AM

Default Barbera second source for percussion

Hi,

I’m going to install a Barbera soloist on one of my flamenco guitars. I decided to install it because of the samples I’ve listened and the superb reviews.

I play both loud stages with drums, guitar amps, etc and on acoustic stages. For acoustic stages I use Dpa 4061 blended or not with a piezo and/or a stand microphone (it depends on the style/situation). For loud stages I think I can benefit from Barbera’s resistance to feedback but I’m concerned of losing all percussion on the top. Therefore I’m looking for a second source to combine with Barbera, preferably a soundboard transducer. I’m using a Boss ad-10 as a preamp. Any recommendations?

Thank you!
Old 12-25-2021, 05:44 PM

I might be going with a JJB Prestige 430 c or a Fishman SBT-E. Another option would be an internal mic positioned to avoid most of feedback problems. Any thoughts?
Old 12-25-2021, 06:29 PM

You want percussive stuff played on your guitar amplified, right ? If so, a soundboard transducer would do the job better than any under saddle type pickup. I recommend Schatten HFN-C or James May's UltraTonic.

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 12-26-2021, 05:11 AM

Thanks fot the reply. I want percussive stuff but I also want high feedback rejection. That’s why I think of blending Barbera (low feedback) with another source, might be a lav mic or a sbt. I’ve read on other threads that UST and SBT don’t blend well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
barbera, dual source, flamenco, percussion, sbt