The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 08-25-2021, 12:35 PM

Thumbs up Kudos to Archtop.com!

Needing to cull my modest collection, sent my 1937 Gibson L-7 to Archtop.com. Likely this website has long been known to legions of archtop aficionados everywhere, but it was new to me.

The website is a thorough guidebook for selling these wonderful instruments, so plunged into the process of packing and shipping in accord with www.archtop.com/ac_shipping.html. My contact Joe Vinikow was prompt and helpful throughout our e-mail conversation. Complimented my packing job, too.

A few weeks after Joe received the L-7, I checked the website and couldn't find it, either for-sale or in-transit. Soon learned they'd already sold it! In fact, even after paying commission, expect to make a modest yet welcome profit. Given my lack of guitar-selling savvy, I'd have taken a sizeable loss by selling it myself.

Happy? Yes, quite happy, and glad to heartily endorse Team Joe.

Jimmy
Seneca, South Carolina

May all of you remain safe, healthy, and happy until we find the other side of COVID.

Last edited by DiegoInSeneca; 08-26-2021 at 02:22 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Tags
archtop, gibson, l-7, sell, sold