The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
I got Spanish Two Step out of that book. I've transferred many of these song to Guitar Pro format for those interested.

I also spent quite a bit of time tabbing Jack Rose's Kensington Blues, which is an outstanding (and very Fahey) tune in open C.
Would love to see the tab of Kensington Blues if you are willing to share. I don't Guitar Pro...

A tab of Portland Cement: http://delta-slider.blogspot.com/201...b-library.html

Last edited by Delta-Slider; 12-06-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: tab of Portland Cement found!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:57 AM

Mel Bay has "American Primitive Guitar" with some good songs. There's also the classic "Guitar Christmas" and "20th Century Masters" songbooks, I think those are Strope's Editions.

ClassClef has some John Fahey.

http://www.classclef.com/john-fahey

Last edited by Joscefi78; 06-16-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:53 AM

Holy moly!
Please send me those scans.
Or maybe to delta slider blog.
The owner will surely upload them, and post them on the blog.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:53 AM

I hope someday you guys have copyrighted material of your own.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
I found the Fahey tabs on my own a while ago and before downloading asked if it was cool since the book was out of print.

Consensus was it wasn't, as the heirs/owners may someday choose to reprint it. I never thought of that. Maybe folks here haven't either.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I found the Fahey tabs on my own a while ago and before downloading asked if it was cool since the book was out of print.

Consensus was it wasn't, as the heirs/owners may someday choose to reprint it. I never thought of that. Maybe folks here haven't either.
I hope that i'll make some copyrighted material someday...
Then i would sue the crap out of small time players without the means to buy my songbooks. Just for the tears.

And after i die i would laugh on my grave seeing people not related to me getting money from my work, just because they had money to buy the rights.

Seems reasonable to me.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
I hope that i'll make some copyrighted material someday...
Then i would sue the crap out of small time players without the means to buy my songbooks. Just for the tears.

And after i die i would laugh on my grave seeing people not related to me getting money from my work, just because they had money to buy the rights.

Seems reasonable to me.
Well, since you haven't produced anything yet, let's wait until you do, and then check back in
Old 03-04-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Yeah, you have a point.

Last edited by Joscefi78; 06-16-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Well, since you haven't produced anything yet, let's wait until you do, and then check back in
We'll have to wait all our lives, considering that i believe knowledge should be free and accessible to anyone interested of learning.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joscefi78 View Post
Mel Bay has "American Primitive Guitar" with some good songs. There's also the classic "Guitar Christmas" and "20th Century Masters" songbooks, I think those are Strope's Editions. I have them all as scans, too.

ClassClef has some John Fahey.

http://www.classclef.com/john-fahey

Hi all,
Just some comments on these tab sources. The Mel Bay is available for sale so Delta Slider will not post them. Doubtful I would get sued but likely that the blog would be reported for copyright infringement and shutdown. Then I lose all the work I've put into that blog for the past 5-6 years. Not happening.

The Stropes editions are hard to find and out of print. I posted the Xmas book briefly and was immediately contacted to take it down. I sincerely appreciate that they didn't report me and instead contacted me. They have indicated that the Xmas book my be updated and re-released some day.

Honestly, just about everything in the books is available on Delta Slider or elsewhere as a tab that someone has put together themselves. Are they exactly the same as the books? Probably not. But at the same time Fahey rarely played anything the same twice.

ClassClef has a great selection of tabs.

Thanks to all the visitors of Delta Slider

Scott
Old 03-05-2016, 03:33 PM

Stropes should reissue all those old books. I'd also like to see Dale Zdenek books reissued. Grossman reissued and retabbed a lot of old Kicking Mule stuff, not in name really, a lot of it is mingled in new titles.

Stropes website has guitar events for the Milwaukee area listed, they've a lot of events scheduled the next 5-6 weeks; Ed Gerhard, Bily McLaughlin, Stefano Barone, Guy Van Duser, Jetro Merilainen, Michael Gulezian, Ryan Ayers, Ian Ethan Case.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Never mind the moral and legal issues of copyright infringement...

Theory is the post mortem of Music.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
We'll have to wait all our lives, considering that i believe knowledge should be free and accessible to anyone interested of learning.
But are you a consumer or also a producer? In other words, is it only up to others to give away their labor and creations for free? It's easy to give away other people's stuff...
Old 05-10-2016, 09:25 PM

Don't miss this, nice collection
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1495036030/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write