The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-14-2020, 01:09 PM

Default Her Time To Go

https://youtu.be/apWz-qFGfSU
My newest original. This came from memory of an old photo I saw of a young looking mountain man sitting slumped in a chair on his porch on a rustic cabin. Flower boxes lined the porch , all full of obviously dead flowers. I wondered if something happened to a woman who might’ve tended the flowers. As I got into the writing it became his story about his deceased young wife. Instead of taking a dark direction with it, he describes her with attributes he observes from his rural environment. I’m honestly interested in opinions of this original. Sorry, but I can’t do anything about my voice!

Last edited by DaveKell; 08-24-2020 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:45 PM

Nice. You'd be welcome to sing and play around my campfire any time.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:04 PM

New video for this song. I added a bridge after third verse that I thought fleshes out the guy’s thoughts more fully over his departed wife. I’m not sure how I feel about this original or even if it’s worth the time of day. As a simple story song I guess it works fine. A mountain man talking about his wife using images from his observable environment is kinda novel for my usual writing. Heck I’m not even sure of the genre this would fit. For now anyway I’m calling it finished.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write