The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Default 2010 Circa OM For Sale **SOLD** pending payment

Rare and wonderful 2010 Circa OM in European Spruce over Bees Wing Mahogany. Fit and finish unlike any builder I've ever seen.
I thought Collings was the standard bearer in this regard until I saw this guitar. Has to be seen in-hand to fully appreciate. Completely original with zero modification. Grades out in at least excellent shape with no cracks, repaired or otherwise. Very clean with hardly any signs of use. Frets are remarkably clean and really look new. Waverly tuners turn a little harder than expected, but work fine and hold tune. May have had a bridge re-glue at some point in its life, but I can't say for sure. Just very faint indications that this could be the case around the bridge. No lifting and intonation is spot-on. Incredible sound and playability with a bass response unlike anything I've ever heard on an OM/000 body size. Truly sounds like the bass you'd hear on a fine vintage dreadnought. Comes in its original issue Ameritage case which is also in very fine condition.

These come up rarely in the used market and the wait time on a new build is measured in years. I'm not sure how long, but John Slobod ranks right up there with the best contemporary builders plying their craft today. I offer a three day right-of-return for any reason. Buyer pays return shipping and insurance. Price is $8,995.00 OBO. NO TRADES on this one. You can see pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185530...57716951870503. Don't hesitate to ask question or request photos. I'll get back with you promptly.

Last edited by 0twentyone; 11-22-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Weekend bump for a unique and wonderful OM.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:42 PM

If I wasn't saving up for a big purchase, I'd be all over this!!!

GLWS! John's guitars are the among the best on the planet.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Yes, I came to realize over the past six months or so that John is up there with the very elite of builders of our time, especially in the traditional design. But, there is so little information, particularly on pricing for used examples, that I had trouble fixing a number on this one. I do know that a new build today for this same model is five figures. So, I have room to move within reason, thus the OBO designation. It's essentially a premier OM-18 as good or better than anything you'll find out there, including vintage.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Beauty of a guitar ! There is someone on the UMGF looking for an OM in that price range...
GLWTS
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars