The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Default Froggy Bottom K Ltd (2016) Switzerland- Sold

Hey gang,

I'm considering selling my Froggy Bottom K Limited. It was built in 2016 and is a real gem. It's in great shape and has a Fishman Matrix pickup installed.

I love the guitar and the sound, but I'm ready to try something new - ideally with wider string spacing. Feel free to make trade offers. I'm interetsed in small builders and single luthiers, sizes from 00 up through small jumbos. No dreads or parlors please. Cash can be added in either direction.

This one was purchased from the North American Guitar (for $13500):

https://thenorthamericanguitar.com/p...a626addf&_ss=r

I'm asking 60% of the new price on Reverb, which works out to about 6800 Euro. For AGF Members I would be happy to drop that to 6400 Euro. Trade value 6800 Euro.

Here is the reverb link (for more pics): https://reverb.com/item/36548728-fro...k-limited-2016

I'm happy to ship the guitar, and have plenty of experience doing so. I can also ship from within the EU and help save the new buyer a bundle on taxes and import duties.

Here are the specs and description from TNAG:
This Froggy Bottom Model K Limited acoustic guitar is a stunning example and features beautiful Fiddleback Honduras Mahogany back and sides and an Adirondack Red Spruce top.

Designed and built by Michael Millard and his team of luthiers in Chelsea, Vermont, the Froggy Bottom M Limited is decorated with a top perimeter of premium, wild-caught New Zealand Paua Abalone shell.

Its Mahogany neck is topped by a Gabon Ebony fingerboard offering 20 frets and #7 pattern green Abalone fingerboard position markers.

The K Limited comes with a black American Vintage series TKL hard case.

The main features of the Froggy Bottom Model K Limited include:

Model K Limited Mahogany with top perimeter of premium wild caught New Zealand Paua abalone shell
Fiddleback Honduras mahogany
Adirondack Red Spruce top
25.25 in. scale length
1 3/4 in. bone nut and saddle
Solid peg head
Gabon ebony fingerboard with 20 frets
14 frets to body join
#7 pattern green abalone fingerboard position markers
Abalone frog logo headstock inlay
4A Headstock overlay veneer
Bound headstock
Abalone rosette and backstripe
Gold Waverly 4060G solid headstock tuners
Maple bindings and grafts
Maple heel cap
Ebony bridge pins and end pins with Paua abalone dots
Clear high gloss finish
Belly Bridge
Imitation tortoise pick guard
Includes Black American Vintage Series TKL case
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Froggy K_002.jpg (33.7 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_007.jpg (35.0 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_009.jpg (40.9 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_004.jpg (20.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_010.jpg (35.4 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_008.jpg (26.2 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy K_006.jpg (40.0 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by brianlcox; 11-23-2020 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 11-15-2020, 01:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump

I have just placed an order for a custom version of this guitar with a wider neck, so this one will have to leave in the next couple months.

I'm now a bit more flexible in terms of price, so hit me up!
Old 11-17-2020, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

I have spoken with TNAG in the UK and they want list this guitar for 8400- 9300 Euro (depending on condition, but the condition is excellent, so it will be at the top end of that range). I would get about 6500-7200 Euro, so it seems that my price is pretty reasonable. I would rather sell it here at the lower end of this range and save someone some cash, and also get my cash out a bit quicker rather than waiting for it to sell for much more at TNAG.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlcox View Post
I have spoken with TNAG in the UK and they want list this guitar for 8400- 9300 Euro (depending on condition, but the condition is excellent, so it will be at the top end of that range). I would get about 6500-7200 Euro, so it seems that my price is pretty reasonable. I would rather sell it here at the lower end of this range and save someone some cash, and also get my cash out a bit quicker rather than waiting for it to sell for much more at TNAG.
I've done a trade with Brian and he's a great guy! Buy/trade with confidence.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Dave! I was in Waldshut yesterday and Emma insisted on buying Maultaschen again (the dish that we sent home with you when I bought the Avalon).

I think this one is basically sold. The guy is just deciding if he wants me to ship or if he wants to do a road trip to come and get it. Who knows though, maybe it will fall through. I wouldn't be too sad. I have more than a half year until the custom Froggy arrives, and I wouldn't mind hanging on to this one a bit longer while I wait!

edit: This is sold.

Last edited by brianlcox; 11-23-2020 at 01:27 AM. Reason: sold.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)