The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Default How would the Bose Bluetooth Earphones work with S1 Pro ?

With the Connect App you can connect the S1 as well as a set of Bluetooth earphones. Just curious if a set of these :

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/11200482.

would work as in ear monitoring when connected to the app. The earphones also have a built in mic and how would that work as a vocal mic ?

I tried researching online but came up with nothing. Would appreciate any input or opinion on the subject. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 PM

That is an interesting question. I have not explored the BOSE Connect App yet although I have downloaded it. I used the line out of the S1, into a low latency TROND transmitter (Amazon), then used my BOSE earbuds without the mic (there are problems with the mic version because of the TRSS) into a TROND low latency bluetooth receiver. Believe it or not, it worked pretty well.

You have to remember to turn off your BT on your cellphone so there is no interference when using the S1. You can turn it back on if you want to run some tracks through the BT.

I bought one of the wireless IEM systems off Amazon that works amazingly well for a system under 2 bills. I have been using that since it is a bit easier - run the line out of the S1 into the IEM transmitter, then out to the receiver using the BOSE earbuds.

I will look at the connect app.
I think though that it is just for connecting BT BOSE wireless earbuds- not connecting them to the S1. The BT in the S1 is simply a receiver, not a transmitter.
Someone will Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
davidc
Old 09-20-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
That is an interesting question. I have not explored the BOSE Connect App yet although I have downloaded it. I used the line out of the S1, into a low latency TROND transmitter (Amazon), then used my BOSE earbuds without the mic (there are problems with the mic version because of the TRSS) into a TROND low latency bluetooth receiver. Believe it or not, it worked pretty well.

You have to remember to turn off your BT on your cellphone so there is no interference when using the S1. You can turn it back on if you want to run some tracks through the BT.

I bought one of the wireless IEM systems off Amazon that works amazingly well for a system under 2 bills. I have been using that since it is a bit easier - run the line out of the S1 into the IEM transmitter, then out to the receiver using the BOSE earbuds.

I will look at the connect app.
I think though that it is just for connecting BT BOSE wireless earbuds- not connecting them to the S1. The BT in the S1 is simply a receiver, not a transmitter.
Someone will Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
davidc
Thanks for your input David. You made a good point that the BT in the S1 is only a receiver. The BT earphones are also receivers, so if you plug a guitar &/or a mic into the S1, you likely wouldn't be able to hear it in the earphones.

The following is copied from the Connect App site :

The Bose® Connect app
Applies to: SoundSport Pulse wireless headphones
Enhance your experience with the Bose® Connect app. Features include:
Unlock the full potential of your SoundSport® Pulse wireless headphones
Free app compatible with most Apple® and Android™ systems
Easily pair your mobile device with your headphones
View your real-time heart rate
Easily connect and switch between multiple mobile devices
Disable voice prompts
Keep your headphones up-to-date with the latest software
Customise headphone settings, like voice prompt language and auto off
Old 09-21-2018, 02:21 PM

Right, the Connect App is just another way to control the BOSE BT receivers, whether it is the S1 or the wireless earbuds.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification