The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-24-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
The day it showed up I ordered two more. Also picked up my #1 stand, the old Ultimate Support instant-opening stand and it will go back into primary usage, but the Samson MK10 stands are very, very nice for the price and weight. Nice and sturdy and surprisingly light. Used it already at a gig two weeks ago.
I wouldn't want to see them getting tossed around or messed with by others, but I'm planning on using them when I need to go light and I wish I'd had one of these when I was carrying speakers and a stand with me to every gig in Japan.
I picked one up. Used one at a gig for my singer this weekend. Worth the $18 for sure!
Old 02-24-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Here's a pic I found of the Samson MK-10 and like Roger said, it always comes with a boom arm, not to mention a mic, cord and clip.

It costs a couple of bucks more to get it with the mic cord. It's a cheap cord and not the one shown in the photos, so it may or not be worth the extra couple of bucks for the cable.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
It costs a couple of bucks more to get it with the mic cord. It's a cheap cord and not the one shown in the photos, so it may or not be worth the extra couple of bucks for the cable.
I didn't care about the mic or cable but they came with the pair that I bought and so I've got them. Probably go into a box or get given away, along with the cheap mics, since the stands are all I wanted.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 02-24-2020, 03:41 PM

i just ordered the samson. 19 bucks shipped. thought that was pretty reasonable to try it out.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
i just ordered the samson. 19 bucks shipped. thought that was pretty reasonable to try it out.
That's exactly how I ended up ordering two more.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 02-25-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
That's exactly how I ended up ordering two more.
The stand i have now is from the 80s
with a square cast base. probably 30 lbs.
built like a tank. which is why ive had it
since the 80s. but i need to downsize.
The band is doing more "city gigs"
and parking is never optimal. right
now its 3 trips to the car for me.
But im real close to 2.. this will help.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:23 PM

I just acquired a goSTAND and it seems like it will be fine for supporting my iPad. As others have said, it does not have the heft or stability of many alternatives which do not pack down as small, but should be effective if treated with reasonable care. I plan to use mine with a K&M 19742 iPad holder, and anticipate it making load-in and out a bit easier by fitting into my rolling Gator utility case or perhaps even a backpack, as compared to my much heavier-duty stands which have to be carried separately. Got both from MF for 15% off the usual street prices.

Just another step on the never-ending quest for smaller, lighter gear!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanJeff View Post
I just acquired a goSTAND and it seems like it will be fine for supporting my iPad. As others have said, it does not have the heft or stability of many alternatives which do not pack down as small, but should be effective if treated with reasonable care. I plan to use mine with a K&M 19742 iPad holder, and anticipate it making load-in and out a bit easier by fitting into my rolling Gator utility case or perhaps even a backpack, as compared to my much heavier-duty stands which have to be carried separately. Got both from MF for 15% off the usual street prices.

Just another step on the never-ending quest for smaller, lighter gear!
As has been stated above, if you don't extend the sections all the way, you should be fine. I don't even extend the top section at all for my tablet (I don't use a mic with it).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification