The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM

Default La Patrie Collection guitar

I have owned more classical guitars than I can remember from relatively inexpensive to thousands of dollars. The La Patrie is without a doubt the best or easiest to play of them all. The radiused fret board makes a profound difference in my opinion.Barre chords which I find virtually impossible to play on my Yairi or Cordoba are easily accomplished on my beloved La Patrie. It’s presently strung with Labella 2001 MT strings which sound pretty good and have superior treble response while being a bit weak on the lower end. That’s not a criticism of the strings rather my honest evaluation. Truthfully, I’d be happy to sell my other guitars and play the La Patrie exclusively. The instrument is beautifully constructed and has maintained it’s integrity for many years with no need for adjustment. There’s also a purely subjective feature I find satisfying in that it’s not Chinese but sourced from Canada. It’s solid woods instead on laminated which adds to the value. Finally, I find the instrument an excellent choice for finger picking as well. I would be interested in hearing other owners’ opinions of various strings used on this guitar. Enjoy your guitar, you did well!
Old 04-17-2020, 02:30 PM

Default Collection

I use D’Addario EJ 45’s NT. I’ve tried other brands but don’t think there’s an appreciable difference. I also wonder if La Patrie guitars are still being produced as they aren’t available at any of the dealers that used to carry them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical