The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-20-2023, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Default G-00 alternative?

Alright so this might be too specific but I was just wondering. I had a G-00 and sold it. Now I miss that wide open, raw tone. I’m assuming it was the walnut and the sound port giving it that unique sound?

So my question , has anyone played both the G-00 and the L-00 studio walnut and do they sound similar? I like the idea of binding and gloss finish on the studio.

Or should I just get the g-00 again? Or possibly the G-45? Might have similar tone but bigger? The J-15 is also walnut but I’ve read that that one is warmer like a J-45.

Random question and thoughts but this is what goes on in my mind.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Hi Rolly, I had both the L-00 and G-00. The L-00 was a little warmer sounding, I bought and returned 2 of them with a dead A note both the A2 and A3. To be fair, they were both used, but I couldn't get around that dead note, tried putty, one of those headstock weight things...
The G-00 on the other hand was like you said, more open and raw sounding. I liked that guitar, but moved it on in favor of a Taylor AD22e mahogany/sapele.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 04-20-2023, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

I have no excuse for selling mine except that a guy was buying my 00-18 and wanted the G-00 too , so I let them both go to pay off some credit cards. Ended up with an LG-1 now that I like almost more for that vintage tone. Can't keep em all I guess.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollypolly View Post
I have no excuse for selling mine except that a guy was buying my 00-18 and wanted the G-00 too , so I let them both go to pay off some credit cards. Ended up with an LG-1 now that I like almost more for that vintage tone. Can't keep em all I guess.
An LG-1? IMO you ended up with a great Gibson!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion