The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-14-2024, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
We call it an “ambiguous pronoun.” If we’re careful to be understood we avoid them.
That would be a great band name --- Marshal Fender and The Ambiguous Pronouns

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-14-2024, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticDreams View Post
Would the Beatles have become what they did without the record companies influence? Without the Producers, managers influence?
For the Beatles, I'd say that producers and managers were important, but EMI, their original record company, treated them kind of like poor stepchildren. What they achieved, IMO, was in spite of the record company, not because of it. Geoff Emerich's book "Here, There, and Everywhere: My Life Recording the Music of the Beatles" is an interesting read.

BTW, Decca turned them down, because an executive there decided guitars were a passing fad.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 01-14-2024, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticDreams View Post
Well Moldstar, what can I say? You are questioning if I even watched the video...and I am the Original Poster? You disagree with everything I said.

How about the very first line where I agreed with everyone's statements made in their posts? I even added bold type to sentences that I thought there were so very valid.

Hmmm? I suppose I do tend to write screeds. That is in my nature. (had to look up the word, so that is good that I learned a new word.) I do try & see both sides of the equation. Thanks to AGF, I am continually learning.

But for the very first time in my many years of posting on AGF, I find your response to my post quite unpleasant. If that was your goal, you succeeded.
AcousticDreams,

Please don't take the "Moldstar" post too seriously. By posting a thoroughly confusing response and not even identifying who they are responding to it totally removes any credibility.

Even though AGF provides buttons to establish who is being responded to, if someone can't figure that courtesy out then there's no point in taking it as anything beyond simple trolling.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD