The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-12-2024, 09:18 PM

Default Denver Repair Shops

My first post on AGF!

Blowing the dust off a Gibson 160E from early 1970’s (I know, Gibson’s dark days, but my dad gifted it to me and it has a high degree of sentimental value) and Everly Brothers reissue from 1993. I’d like to get them restrung and set up. Haven’t played them much in the last 10 or so years. From what I’ve read on AGF I should try Victor’s on S. Broadway or Colfax Guitar Shop. Which one would you choose for what I believe to be these basic needs? Had the 160E’s neck reset and refretted by Third Coast in Chicago 13 years ago, so hopefully all is in good shape!

Want to head to one of these shops tomorrow, so would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

I haven’t been to the Colfax Guitar Store in ages, but it didn’t seem to be a Lutherie. They probably have excellent techs, which is likely all you need. But, Victor’s is a well regarded small Lutherie and builds and repairs and teaches. I bring my guitars there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair