The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-01-2017, 07:53 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - September 2017

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Hey folks,

I've got this lightly used show guitar for sale. I built it to exhibit at the La Conner and Vancouver shows earlier this year. I've been using it as a demo guitar since but would now like to sell it to a good home.

Specs:

Wenge
German spruce
mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard

Regular price for this model is $8000 Cnd. Selling at a reduced price due to light wear.

Check out my website www.dionguitars.ca for more details on this model or message me for information or to make an offer.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:27 PM

Default Guitars in stock - September 2017

Well, sometimes bad things happen to good guitars.

Due to the fact that we don't do a lot of gloss finish guitars, and that waterborne (home remedies) are inadequate, we contract finishing out. On our quest for the best, we audition both finishes, and finishers. In this case, the finish is conversion varnish, which passes muster with flying colours.

However, due to time constraints and health issues, there were a few spots on this guitar where the topcoat was buffed down to the basecoat by the finisher, so there are a few finish flaws in this otherwise lovely guitar. As well, some idiot (not me, I swear*) dropped a clamp on the top while putting on the bridge, so there is also a small filled ding in the top.

As a result, we are selling this guitar as a b-stock. Regular price would be 3600$CAD, but we're knocking off 20% so the price is 2880$CAD.

A very good price on this lovely and lively guitar, which includes a HSC and a Schatten HFN Passive pickup.

Details...

- 12 fret 000

- Master Grade Adirondack Spruce top with scalloped Adirondack bracing

- Higuerilla back and sides

- Radial Higuerilla rosette

- Ebony fingerboard and pyramid bridge with higuerilla binding and aluminum/higuerilla position markers

- 25" scale, 1 3/4" nut

- Laminated Mahogany neck

- Bone nut, saddle, and bridge pins

- Gotoh 18:1 open gear tuners

- HSC and Schatten HFN Passive

Tonally, Higuerilla runs closer to mahogany than rosewood, so this guitar is warm and woody, loud, full, rich with lots of dynamic range, but still crisp with a nice amount of overtone content.

A sweet deal on a sweet guitar!

* fine, it was me

smudged soundhole edgedingburn through

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop