The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-28-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Hybrid Picking - getting started ? ? ?

I am working on my fingerstyle with Hason's Art of Cont Travis picking book. I am interesting in also someday learning hybrid picking . . with pick and fingers both. Is there a book or resource available that teaches like the Hanson book does for fingerstyle? Or is it something you just go for and figure it out?

wayne
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Here's a link to a website that has some hybrid picking videos. At the very least it will show you the capabilities of it. I was beside myself the first time I saw some of the videos.

http://musicbytodd.com/

If you search the http://www.acousticguitar.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi for posts by toddk he has some vids there as well.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."

HL Mencken
Old 07-28-2005, 04:20 PM

i've started to delve into this a bit. i'm a decent 3-finger travis picker, which helps a little bit when learning hybrid picking, but not really. so far it's mostly a matter of getting the rhythm right, and beefing up the fingertips on my right hand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell