The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-05-2005, 07:55 AM
More guitars than talent

Default Getting squeal with Tonelab SE and Godin LGX

With my high gain settings on sunday, my Godin LGX (with Seymour Duncans and LR baggs piezo) was squealing. Good thing I have more than 1 guitar . I headed home during the sermon and brought back my LP for the kicker song at the end.

I had the volume all the way off for the piezo, so I can't say that is a problem. I plugged it into my Flextone II XL amp at home and played on high gain REALLY loud with the pickups right in front of the amp and no feedback except the kind you want.

I need to get it up to the church and experiment. Might have had something to do with the monitors. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 01-05-2005, 02:51 PM

hmm.. thats a weird problem... lemme know what you find out.
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition
200? G&L Tribute Legacy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification