The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-29-2019, 09:24 AM

Default new essgee 4 me

Hey! I joined AGF about 4 years ago after my acoustic epiphany. Have scarcely picked up an electric guitar since then. I still have a bunch of nice electrics but never play them. My guitar playing is acoustic finger style, mostly on Gibsons and Santa Cruzs.

So, still a mystery to me why I decided I "need" an SG . . . had one before and moved it on.

Pulled the trigger on this guy yesterday; was told it would arrive this Sat. but now Fedex shows 9/3. Bummer on that one. Oh well, thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SG front.jpg (26.9 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 AM

Beautiful guitar! I too have an itch for one of those. Maybe some day. Enjoy your new axe!
Old 08-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Great! Enjoy it!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:14 PM

Had one of the very first mid-80's '61 SG reissues (dead ringer for yours except for the period-accurate skinny neck - which I loved - and the hideous black ABS case), wanted to pick up a Kirk Douglas model (proof positive that they don't need to charge $6500 for the current SG Custom) or cherry Gary Clark 3-P90 but waited too long on both...

Use it well, often, and LOUD...
Old 08-30-2019, 12:43 PM

Congrats and enjoy. SGs are cool guitars. I wouldn't mid having an SG, but I'd probably want one with P-90s.

Hmmm...
Old 08-30-2019, 01:28 PM

Sweet! I love SGs. Looking forward to your review.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Sweet! I love SGs. Looking forward to your review.
Well, diggin' it, for sure! I'd forgotten the SG's ergonomic characteristics; feels so much different from a Les Paul. The neck seems to stretch to forever while I'm playing it. The 12th fret seems farther from the guitar body than on a Lester.

Fit and finish are top drawer. The nitro-cellulose scent is delightful. Quite a wide tonal spectrum from bridge pickup with full treble to neck pickup with minimum treble and lots of cool combinations in between, of course.

Glad I made the buy!
Old 09-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Well, diggin' it, for sure! I'd forgotten the SG's ergonomic characteristics; feels so much different from a Les Paul. The neck seems to stretch to forever while I'm playing it. The 12th fret seems farther from the guitar body than on a Lester.

Fit and finish are top drawer. The nitro-cellulose scent is delightful. Quite a wide tonal spectrum from bridge pickup with full treble to neck pickup with minimum treble and lots of cool combinations in between, of course.

Glad I made the buy!
Yep, a Les Paul and SG sure feel different. Enjoy your SG!
Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post

Glad I made the buy!
Those are really nice, I just got the 2019 SG Special with the P90's and I love it. I was lucky enough to find one in Faded Pelham Blue for a great price so I snagged it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars