The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Default BlueChip pick question

Hello everyone,

Is this normal in my new BlueChip TD60? It is as if it were not completely flat. It's my first BlueChip, I don't know if it's normal... any opinion?

Here a photo

Last edited by pablohs1986; 10-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Can't see the image. It should be pretty much flat, though.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablohs1986 View Post
Hello everyone,

Is this normal in my new BlueChip TD60? It is as if it were not completely flat. It's my first BlueChip, I don't know if it's normal... any opinion?

Here a photo https://ibb.co/gb2SvCp

I see what you mean now...
Dean Resonator (with National HR Cone)
Gretsch Jim Dandy
Gibson 120th Anniversary LPJ Les Paul
Xaviere Road Worn Stratocaster
70's Teisco Del Ray
Fishman Loudbox mini
Roland Blues Cube
Gold Tone open back Banjo
The Loar Mandolin
and a bunch of CBGs made on my kitchen table

Last edited by Road Rash Roy; 10-07-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: misunderstood. duh.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Can’t see the image either, but a 60 would have some curvature around the edges for the bevel. It may appear more dramatic on a 60 vs. a thinner pick. Not sure at all if that is what you mean though.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Here is the photo:

Last edited by pablohs1986; 10-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Pablo,

I have quite a few Blue Chips, some for each instrument, so I have been in contact with the Goins family more than once.

My experience is that they are extremely receptive to enquiries, and to customer service.

If you have concerns, I really suggest that you contact them direct.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry, its imposible to upload the photo... I’ll try it later
Look at the FAQ, which provides instructions on uploading photos.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Pablo,

I have quite a few Blue Chips, some for each instrument, so I have been in contact with the Goins family more than once.

My experience is that they are extremely receptive to enquiries, and to customer service.

I agree. Call Blue Chip, send them the picture and discuss the issue with them. If there’s a problem, they’ll take care of it.

whm
Old 10-07-2019, 03:37 PM

I see the photo now. What you are describing is a bevel. I can't tell from the perspective if it's a right hand or left hand bevel, but if it is not what you ordered, they have a very reasonable return policy.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Yeah, thanks! I have done it even though they have not answered me. I have sent them the same photo that I put in the post. I imagine that the pick will be fine, but I'm curious if they are all like this or if it is a peculiarity of mine ...

Quote:
Pablo,

Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Here is another photo... I don’t know if the bevel is the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemonk View Post
I see the photo now. What you are describing is a bevel. I can't tell from the perspective if it's a right hand or left hand bevel, but if it is not what you ordered, they have a very reasonable return policy.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Pablo,

Totally agree with Silly. You should immediately contact Blue Chip via their toll-free line. I don't know of a pick company anywhere that has better customer service. Guarantee they will get it fixed for you.

That is one of the beefiest plastic on the planet. It doesn't warp or bend, so this is highly unusual. I have no vested interest, but they're great people to deal with.

Best,
Scott Memmer
Old 10-08-2019, 01:21 AM

Yes, thank you, I have sent an email to M. Goins because I am from Spain and my English is not perfect to call them.

My question is really whether the small curvature that my BlueChip has and that is seen in the photo is normal or not. Any of you who use BlueChips could you notice and tell me?

On the one hand, being such a small curvature, something makes me think that it is due to the pressure that is placed on the pick when making the engravement of the words “BlueChip TD60”, but if so, all BlueChip should have this very small and slight curvature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Totally agree with Silly. You should immediately contact Blue Chip via their toll-free line. I don't know of a pick company anywhere that has better customer service. Guarantee they will get it fixed for you.

That is one of the beefiest plastic on the planet. It doesn't warp or bend, so this is highly unusual. I have no vested interest, but they're great people to deal with.

Best,
Scott Memmer
Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, thank you, I have sent an email to M. Goins because I am from Spain and my English is not perfect to call them.

My question is really whether the small curvature that my BlueChip has and that is seen in the photo is normal or not. Any of you who use BlueChips could you notice and tell me?

On the one hand, being such a small curvature, something makes me think that it is due to the pressure that is placed on the pick when making the engravement of the words “BlueChip TD60”, but if so, all BlueChip should have this very small and slight curvature.
It looks perfectly normal to me. What you're seeing as a curvature is the edge of the pick leading into the bevel. Blue Chip picks are made from Vespel which is dang near indestructible so you really have nothing to be concerned about, just lean in and pick hard!!
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 10-08-2019, 08:03 AM

It looks like it has the intentionally shaped bevelled edges to me.

Curiously, I looked up "bevelled" to see if I was spelling the past tense of bevel correctly. Apparenty, those across the pond spell it "bevelled," whereas it's spelled beveled in the US. Given the pick's origin was in the US but its destination was in Spain, I called it a wash. Silly Moustache should be pleased as his version of English won out. Haha

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion