The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-01-2022, 01:40 AM

Default Tony's Acoustic Challenge

Hi All,

I was considering signing up to TAC, but I have noticed online more of late the reviews have not been great, and something to do with a new site change, many seem unhappy

I have never been a member, but I did like the 10 mins a day routines and some of the concepts, interested to hear from any former or current users, I figured I would find out before I make a commitment to sign up

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks
Old 06-01-2022, 03:27 AM

Clarker - I signed up last year and it wasn’t my cup of tea. They were very prompt to honor their full refund offer, which I greatly appreciated. So I think you should try it, and if not satisfied, ask for a refund.

Not every site, not every teacher, will be a good fit. And, what may not fit this year, may be the perfect solution down the road. It’s amazing how we change during our musical journey.

Best,

Rick
Old 06-03-2022, 11:13 AM

It depends on what you are looking for. Hope you like bluegrass because, thats about all the service covers. Its nearly 50/50 flat picking/finger picking content relating to the daily practice releases. All you get when you sign up is the daily calendar that releases videos from his library and I guess that is supposed to be your practice routine? Outside of the daily grinder stuff everything costs premium $$$$$$$. The songs are pretty bad. The site is confusing with no real direction. For new players imo its simply a waste of money. Any other well known site has way better structured content that does not cost you hundreds of $$ extra. The service is always going up and down.

You can always try it and get refunded. They refunded me without hesitation.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:19 PM

Thanks all, that is the same feedback I hear most places, I think I will save my money, the theory and the way it is presented sounds good, more marketing genius than anything I guess

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated
Old 06-06-2022, 04:26 AM

I think the ten minute a day routine is a great feature of the site. But I also agree with some of Jerzey’s comments about the site’s organization and the depth of content.

Depending on your level and interests, there are so many options out there. For the next few months, I am subscribing to David Hamburger’s site, “Fretboard Confidential.” His concept is to work on a song throughout the month - learn the basics and gradually embellish it and improvise on it. There’s a lot there, but it’s not a song site and the organization could be better.

I have also subscribed to TrueFire and JamPlay, but find that there is so much content there that I easily start down a rabbit hole and never achieve anything.

What are your skills? What are you looking for?
Old 06-14-2022, 08:13 PM

I am the same I was a member of Truefire and Jamplay and Guitar Tricks, but there is so much you get overwhelmed or jump all over the place

I still consider myself beginner/intermediate so I am still at the early stages, Truefire does have so much content and most people seem to recommend it

I have tried most of the big sites over the journey.

Looking to learn solid basics and some songs too, I am also a member of Lauren Bateman and Guitar Zero to Hero, which is also great.

Think its important to stick to one and just work through, otherwise you end up moving around. That is why I liked the look of TAC due to the 10 mins a day, but bluegrass really isn't my thing and people seem to think TAC has changed and not for the better

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write