The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-31-2019, 08:08 AM

Ryan has room for more guitars on his wall. .
Old 01-31-2019, 08:16 AM

I’m envious of that collections. It’s not quite up to AGF standards being so small but he’s certainly got a good variety.

...and yes, the Islanders are relevant this year. Even though he’s funny looking Barry is a great coach.

By the way, the Pens lit up Tampa - and Malkin even lit up Stamkos - last night. It was a welcome change from the debacle hosting the Devils the other night.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:26 AM

I wasn't in Canada last night otherwise I would have watched the Pens/Maple Leafs' game which would have been on Hockey Night in Canada. Looks like the Pens couldn't pull it out. Anyone watch that game?
Old 02-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Flames vs. Hurricanes in 20 minutes. Critical game for my Flames, and the surging 'Canes, one of the fastest teams in the league, holding it together, under Rod Brind'Amour, who will prove to be a good coach, me thinks (Peters here in Calgary is fantastic, by the way).

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 02-04-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wasn't in Canada last night otherwise I would have watched the Pens/Maple Leafs' game which would have been on Hockey Night in Canada. Looks like the Pens couldn't pull it out. Anyone watch that game?
Yes, I watched. Good competitive, fast-paced game. I thought the Pens were the better team in the first and third periods, Leafs better in the second. But for one soft goal given up by Matt Murray, the game would probably have gone to overtime. Both teams played well.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Flames vs. Hurricanes in 20 minutes. Critical game for my Flames, and the surging 'Canes, one of the fastest teams in the league, holding it together, under Rod Brind'Amour, who will prove to be a good coach, me thinks (Peters here in Calgary is fantastic, by the way).
Congrats to the Flames on their 4-3 win! Seems like from the score that it was a competitive game. How'd your Flames look?

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-04-2019, 08:01 AM

Wow, I didn't realize the Bruins had lost 14 consecutive games against the Capitals before winning 1-0 yesterday. I also didn't know that the Bruins have the longest active win streak against an opponent - 14 games against Arizona. I'm surprised they've played them that many times.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Congrats to the Flames on their 4-3 win! Seems like from the score that it was a competitive game. How'd your Flames look?
Flames are second in the league, behind the Lightning, for most points. Incredibly balanced lineup - though we could use a guy like Zuccarello or Nyquist (or Toffoli, or Saad out of Chicago) at the trade deadline. I think our defence is solid, though Hamonic is down, no one knows for how long (the elusive "lower-body injury!).

I think we have a shot at the Cup this year. In the West, I see the Jets and Vegas as the two biggest challenges. I think we can beat San Jose, and anyone else who gets in doesn't have to balance and the offence we have. Rittich may be the best unknown goalie in the league. It's been a perfect season, so far.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 02-05-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Flames are second in the league, behind the Lightning, for most points. Incredibly balanced lineup - though we could use a guy like Zuccarello or Nyquist (or Toffoli, or Saad out of Chicago) at the trade deadline. I think our defence is solid, though Hamonic is down, no one knows for how long (the elusive "lower-body injury!).

I think we have a shot at the Cup this year. In the West, I see the Jets and Vegas as the two biggest challenges. I think we can beat San Jose, and anyone else who gets in doesn't have to balance and the offence we have. Rittich may be the best unknown goalie in the league. It's been a perfect season, so far.
Second in the league in points! Wow! That's impressive. Been a while since the Flames have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Was the last time, Lanny McDonald's '88-'89 Championship team? IIRC that team also had an outstanding rookie named Theo Fleury. Nice to see the Flames resurgence this year. Good luck to your Flames!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-05-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I’m envious of that collections. It’s not quite up to AGF standards being so small but he’s certainly got a good variety.

...and yes, the Islanders are relevant this year. Even though he’s funny looking Barry is a great coach.

By the way, the Pens lit up Tampa - and Malkin even lit up Stamkos - last night. It was a welcome change from the debacle hosting the Devils the other night.
Hey Neil, you're not the only one who thinks Barry is funny looking. My wife thinks he's the spitting image of Boris Badenov from The Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon. I gotta admit, I think she's onto something there.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24

Last edited by catdaddy; 02-13-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:

How about Johnny Gaudreau - tied for 4th is scoring with 74 points.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:21 AM

Hockey Day in Canada today. All 7 teams in action. The Pens and Bruins are also playing today.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Sharks looking good so far in the 4 game western Canada swing. After watching the Sharks and Flames game, the Flames are hard to beat at home. They interfering all night long and i think they were finally called out on it with under two minutes to go. Sharks were called for 7 penalties which makes it very hard to win especially on the road.
Two great efforts so far without Karlsson, hopefully he'll be ready when the Sharks return home. And yes the Jets & Flames are great teams and will be tough in the playoffs.
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Pastrnak had thumb surgery and he's out at least 2 weeks. Ouch. He's Boston's top scorer (1 point ahead of Marchand). I hope the Bergeron-Marchand-Pastkrnak line is healthy for the playoffs. One of the best lines in the league not just scoring wise but short handed as well.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Edmonton in Pittsburgh tonight. McDavid and Crosby. The two best players in the game today. Let's see if Sid is ready to hand over the torch.

I feel bad for McDavid. There's no reason why Edmonton should still be a failing franchise in the standings. Lots of talent. Hopefully the new management will turn things around but I don't think it will be this year.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic