The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-11-2016, 04:39 AM

Default The new voice of Emerald Guitars

I have always enjoyed the conversations that go on in this forum but unfortunately I don't get enough time to properly monitor and interact properly so we have set up a new Emerald Guitars profile that will be operated by Sean Feeny.
Sean is better equipped than me to answer regular questions and share current Emerald news and relevant info but I will still be around and may chip in directly from time to time.
So tell us what you want to hear from us and throw out your questions. Im very aware that the forum is a place for user discussion and not for sales so we won't be here trying to pitch our guitars over the other brands, rather we will endeavour to inform you of specs, details and general news.
Sean its over to you.
Alistair Hay
Old 03-11-2016, 05:06 AM

Thank you very much, Alistair!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all, answer questions you may have and keeping you informed on any news/updates from Emerald Guitars!

Many thanks/Míle buiochas, Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
I have always enjoyed the conversations that go on in this forum but unfortunately I don't get enough time to properly monitor and interact properly so we have set up a new Emerald Guitars profile that will be operated by Sean Feeny.
Sean is better equipped than me to answer regular questions and share current Emerald news and relevant info but I will still be around and may chip in directly from time to time.
So tell us what you want to hear from us and throw out your questions. Im very aware that the forum is a place for user discussion and not for sales so we won't be here trying to pitch our guitars over the other brands, rather we will endeavour to inform you of specs, details and general news.
Sean its over to you.
Alistair Hay
Old 03-11-2016, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum, Sean. It's always nice to have dealers and manufacturers here to answer questions.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Thanks Alistair! Welcome Sean! I'm the happy owner of a 2014 Chimaera Artisan 6/12.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:50 AM

Thank you for the welcome, Tom and Bluside! I'll look forward to talking guitars with you all!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:48 AM

I was excited thinking "ohhhhh Emerald have invented something new".
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 03-11-2016, 12:37 PM

Default Small world

Welcome to the forum Sean. Your neighbor, Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh, the lead singer for Altan, asked my wife to ask me to tell you and Alistair Hello.
So, hello from Mairead, who we recently met in Austin.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:56 PM

Hello Sean!
As I have looked and listened, drooled and dreamed, read and researched, all has ceased with the culminating decision that an Emerald is in my immediate future. All the story behind and during the life of Emerald Guitars, fascinating.

one thing has popped into my inquisitive head and I may have overlooked, but what is the story behind the ʻcrownʻ or headstock? Both the beautiful shape and the emblem particularly.

It has been asked of me, but I dunno. Thanks
Old 03-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Guest 928

Sean;

I am looking forward to the new website. As a long-time Emerald fan I also have two suggestions.

First, the old website did not feature as much color as I think the brand deserves--hopefully the new site will better illustrate the emerald palate.

Second, while Alistair may not be ready to launch the X10, he has a beautiful prototype that could be used to announce future possibilities. Or, perhaps, a "coming soon" picture or two?

Anyway, glad to see Alistair having your assistance. the best of luck to the two of you.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Thank you very much, Alistair!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all, answer questions you may have and keeping you informed on any news/updates from Emerald Guitars!

Many thanks/Míle buiochas, Sean
Welcome Sean, always great to have another carbon aficionado on board.

BTW, unless J.R. made an exception for you, you need to have a sponsor account to represent a business on the forum. The basic level is $99 per year, well worth it in my view. You can take care of it here:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/payments.php
Old 03-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
BTW, unless J.R. made an exception for you, you need to have a sponsor account to represent a business on the forum. The basic level is $99 per year, well worth it in my view.
Emerald Guitars already appears in the sponsor list - maybe it's just a question of linking that to this new account?
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-11-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Emerald Guitars already appears in the sponsor list - maybe it's just a question of linking that to this new account?
Hi David,

Yes, Alistair has a sponsor account, and he could simply change the name on that account and let Sean use it, and save the $99, or he could buy Sean a basic sponsor membership, which I'm sure J.R. would prefer.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
...which I'm sure J.R. would prefer.
You have a point
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 PM

Default Greetings From New York...!!!

Welcome Sean,

I had the pleasure to meet Alistair at one of the Harp Guitar gatherings.

I have the Synergy harp guitar and it is an amazing instrument. It is the most comfortable neck I have ever played.

The harp guitar enthusiasts were very impressed when Alistair unveiled it at the Gathering.

I wish you both the best!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 AM

I've had the pleasure of communicating with Sean several times via email. He's a cool guy, knowledgable and responsive. I'm also the owner of 2 X20's with a third on order.

Welcome to the forum!! 😉👍🏻

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber