The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-19-2023, 11:51 AM

So I have a 2019 517e Grand Pacific Honey Burst Builder's Edition, and I'm not happy with the sound compared to my 2002 314ce with a Fishman Prefix system. Also the pickups are way too sensitive where any light finger slide is really loud. I've adjusted the three little screws over and over again...but it's always there. Has anyone else every had the over sensitive string sound as well? I love playing it acoustic...but just never take it to a gig because of the sound through a PA. I just need to bite the bullet and replace with another Fishman pickup, LL Baggs, or K&K....
Old 02-21-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoneseven View Post
So I have a 2019 517e Grand Pacific Honey Burst Builder's Edition, and I'm not happy with the sound compared to my 2002 314ce with a Fishman Prefix system. Also the pickups are way too sensitive where any light finger slide is really loud. I've adjusted the three little screws over and over again...but it's always there. Has anyone else every had the over sensitive string sound as well? I love playing it acoustic...but just never take it to a gig because of the sound through a PA. I just need to bite the bullet and replace with another Fishman pickup, LL Baggs, or K&K....
I was unable to get a decent sound out of one of my Taylors regardless of how the adjustments were made….Finally called Taylor and they sent a new PU. Works fine now. Might want to try this first……

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification