The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-05-2020, 06:08 AM

Default Fender Acoustic 100 thoughts

The forum search function isn't working for me so I thought that I would start a new thread on this topic..

I'm considering the purchase of an acoustic amp, and am looking for opinions or experiences with the Fender Acoustic 100. I'm looking for 2 channels, each with the capability of accepting either an instrument or a microphone. About 100ish Watts, and some basic effects and the facility to accept a foot pedal to toggle the effects. The Fender seems to fit this bill and is also Bluetooth capable for the inbound Aux In connection.

I've played it and am pretty impressed, although I'm no expert at analyzing the produced sound..

The amp would be used for personal use only, not giggled or used outside of the home.

Are there other contenders with similar features at a similar price point? The Fender sells new locally for about $560 Cdn.

Thanks to all!
Old 08-05-2020, 08:58 AM

My only experience is from my playing partner who owns one. It developed a severe buzz when he played G notes but was repaired under warranty by a service center. An internal baffle had loosened at a glue joint.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:13 PM

Ok thanks Rudy4!
Old 08-06-2020, 01:46 PM

I played one in a guitar store once.
It sounded pretty good. I didnt try vocals thru it.
You could also buy a small mixer and
A nice pa speaker like a qsc cp8.
This would give you more flexibility
And one more thing to carry.. .
Old 08-06-2020, 04:20 PM

varmonter: No doubt a good idea. I'm just not technically competent enough to carry it out. I'll stick to an amp for now.
Thanks for the idea!
Old 08-08-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre2020 View Post
varmonter: No doubt a good idea. I'm just not technically competent enough to carry it out. I'll stick to an amp for now.
Thanks for the idea!
Well it would be a short learning curve.
Just think of the amp controls being separate
From the speaker..
Old 08-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

My first acoustic amp was a Fender Acoustic 100 and I was very happy with it. Played about 100 gigs with it and it sounded great. However it didn’t have enough power for large rooms or outdoor gigs so I sold it and bought a a Fishman Loudbox Performer. The Fishman sounds great and has plenty of power but honestly I think the Fender sounded a bit better within it’s limitations.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 08-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre2020 View Post
The forum search function isn't working for me so I thought that I would start a new thread on this topic.
Spectre,

It's fine to start a new thread, but I believe the search function works the way it is intended. If you're using the forum search mechanism, you'll find that being highly specific will improve your chances. For example, searching multiple words at the same time is frustrating. It is great for small, specific searches or looking for members.

If you need a broader search, just use the Google search bar that is directly above the forum search. Hope that helps.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Spectre,

It's fine to start a new thread, but I believe the search function works the way it is intended. If you're using the forum search mechanism, you'll find that being highly specific will improve your chances. For example, searching multiple words at the same time is frustrating. It is great for small, specific searches or looking for members.

If you need a broader search, just use the Google search bar that is directly above the forum search. Hope that helps.
Kerbie I know for me when I hit the search
Button a window pops up. Then when I click
In the Google search window to enter text the
Search window just goes away. Not sure if that's a function of android on my end or if it's on the
Forums end..just know the google portion doesn't work for me either. Just an fyi..
Old 08-09-2020, 04:45 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, varmonter. I checked it again and the Google search works perfectly for me. Maybe the problem is in your browser. That's my best guess. Actually, both search mechanisms work for me... Google and the forum search.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Thanks, varmonter. I checked it again and the Google search works perfectly for me. Maybe the problem is in your browser. That's my best guess. Actually, both search mechanisms work for me... Google and the forum search.
Yes I can use the forum search as well.
But like I said the window just disappears when
I click in the goigle search bar. As far as my browser is concerned I haven't a clue as to where
To look to solve this. I use the agf app most of the time and chrome..
Old 08-25-2020, 05:41 AM

Default Opted for the Fender 100

Hi all. Thanks for everyone's input.

I ultimately played the Fender 100 and Fishman mini loudbox side by side and found that the Fender had more range and provided a fuller sound (at least to my ear).

Given that the Fender also had available inputs for both guitar and microphones on both channels, and a bit more in the way of available effects, I opted for the Fender.

I'll let everyone know about my experience with the amp once I have some experience with it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification