The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
New definition of agony: Maybe having to wait until Christmas.
I think that would qualify.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-24-2019, 05:59 AM

I have tried so many now...I'm used to paying up front and trying to forget about it until I get that wonderful e-mail saying "your guitar has shipped". I've had to wait anywhere from 3-7 months for each custom order.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Guest 928

I sometimes FRET over the wait, my anxiety level goes off the SCALE, I sometimes feel STRUNG along--it's all part of the song and dance. The bottom line is that I am grateful for having a custom musical instrument built just for me and the wait is really inconsequential.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I sometimes FRET over the wait, my anxiety level goes off the SCALE, I sometimes feel STRUNG along--it's all part of the song and dance. The bottom line is that I am grateful for having a custom musical instrument built just for me and the wait is really inconsequential.
Definitely too much time on your hands. Those were truly awful. Does your wife know you are on the forum again? Where's that nephew?

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 09-24-2019, 11:57 AM
Guest 928

Mot;

My wife sanctions my forum time, though she does feel a bit sorry for the other forum members.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
New week. No invoice‽
Ransom note arrived today. I crumpled like a cheap suit and paid it without question.

Ship date still slated for October 3rd; with luck I'll see it first on next week's shipping video.
Cordoba Stage

Last edited by David Eastwood; 09-24-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:03 PM

Even though I may be gnashing my teeth as I type this, I want you to know in spirit I am happy that you will soon be united with your new guitar.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 10-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

October 3rd has passed (almost) without a 'Something Special' email, or a shipping video.

They must be busy working on the October Select Series, or mot's long lost whatever it is, or someone else's skinny X10 latte.

I believe I'll have another beer.
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Guest 928

.........................................AGONY.... ................................
Old 10-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
October 3rd has passed (almost) without a 'Something Special' email, or a shipping video.

They must be busy working on the October Select Series, or mot's long lost whatever it is, or someone else's skinny X10 latte.

(Sigh) Many of us here understand. Some of us even sympathize. And then... there are... the others.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Update: my guitar will ship on Monday. It’s caught in the Hiscox case delay. The shipping video is being shot this afternoon, so at least I should catch a glimpse of it before the weekend
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:

I got nothing‽

Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Update: my guitar will ship on Monday. It’s caught in the Hiscox case delay. The shipping video is being shot this afternoon, so at least I should catch a glimpse of it before the weekend
Any particular Monday? I believe there may be several on my calendar, and some in the near future... if I remember correctly

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Good to hear you have a commitment. Sounds like Emerald is shipping as necessary, rather than just once a week.

Hopefully that knowledge helps ease the agony. When my X10 was shipped last year around this time, it arrived at our local Post Office about 12:10 pm on the Saturday before Columbus Day (they close at noon)... which meant it sat in the local PO for 2 1/2 days. Not like I was anxious or anything, but I was waiting at our village mail boxes the following Tuesday for the Postal person. Amazingly, she had it in her van instead of leaving at the Post Office and putting a pick-up card in our mailbox.

Ohh... Columbus Day (or Indigenous People Day) is a week from your shipping Monday. What are the odds?
Old 10-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Any particular Monday? I believe there may be several on my calendar, and some in the near future... if I remember correctly

I trust Chloe's word implicitly
Cordoba Stage

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber