The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
for the first time my carbon fiber guitars outnumber my wooden guitars 5:3...
Save a tree. Buy cf guitars.

Congrats!
Old 10-07-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Nice and simple carbon-weave elegance! Enjoy!

My question for you and other Emerald owners who have the Hiscox case:

Is the Hiscox case worth waiting for or given your druthers would you now have preferred having gotten the Emerald Gig Bag instead of the Hiscox case?

Thanks!
My answer to that question would be yes, the Hiscox case is worth waiting for. It's of course a "to each their own" scenario. I prefer to have a hard case and the Hiscox case that I received with my X20 is an awesome case. I also do have an Emerald gig bag as well. It's a nice looking bag but doesn't offer good protection like some other gig bags that I have.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:58 PM

We have both - a Hiscox hard case for X20 and Emerald gig bags for the X7's. The Hiscox cases are awesome, better than any other hard case I've owned.

While nice enough, the Emerald gig bags are easily surpassed by the Access Stage 3 and some other brands. My X20 just spent the weekend at a festival in a Taylor hard bag (Access Stage 3 plus a logo, and more $$$). The Emerald bag would have been fine for that purpose, but the Taylor bag is even better and fits an X20 perfectly. Coincidentally this is the same Taylor bag I bought from RP about four years ago. Congrats on the X20, RP!
Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
...The Emerald bag would have been fine for that purpose, but the Taylor bag is even better and fits an X20 perfectly. Coincidentally this is the same Taylor bag I bought from RP about four years ago. Congrats on the X20, RP!
Thanks Earl, and I'm glad that the Taylor bag is working well for you. Also nice to know that I can use my Taylor hardbag for my new X20....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber