The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-31-2020, 06:56 PM

Default Anyone using anything other than a Matrix with their Aura pedal?

I’ve just picked up a bargain second hand Fishman Aura 16 pedal. I’ve got a variety of different pickups and just thought I’d try putting it at the front of my signal chain with different pickups and see what it can do for them.

Mostly of interest is the Fishman Sonitone in my new Eastman that I planned to pull out but if it does some good for it then it may stay.

Anyone using an Aura pedal with success on any pickups other than the matrix infinity which seems to be the best match for it?

I get that finding the right image for each guitar is key and I’m looking forward to experimenting.

I’ve got:
Fishman Sonitone
Yamaha Zero Impact UST
Yamaha SRT2 (already has imaging)
Fishman Rare Earth Blend
Baggs M1

I’m also considering installing a K&K or JJB in a guitar due to arrive this week.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 05-31-2020, 07:06 PM

Unlike the Tonedexter that works with a variety of pickups, I do find that the Aura sounds best with the Fishman Matrix. With that said, I have tried it with the K&K, HFN and a Headway pickup in my octave mandolin and all sounded fine. I doubt you will like it with a soundhole pickup though.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

If it counts, I usw a spectrum aura pedal with K&K in an OM21 and am very happy with it. As several of us mentioned on other threads, I try all the images of all the body styles until I find what I like. Having said that, gonna start mapping with the tonedexter. I keep it next to the fishman and switch often. The aura gets better acoustic tone than the dexter so far, but im sure i just havent played with the dexter enough yet. Corona project ahead!
Old 06-05-2020, 03:28 AM
Charter Member

I've used Fishman Aura pedals with the LR Baggs Element Active in a Gibson J-45 Honeyburst Koa Custom, and RainSong DR1000 dreadnoughts with nice-sounding results.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification