The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Default ToneDexter 1.64 upgrade?

Just got new ToneDexter last week, and am having fun trying different images (different mics, locations, etc....it DOES make a difference!). Just noticed on startup, it has v1.62, and now the latest is 1.64. Anyone updated? Is it worth the hassle of transferring from computer, USBc-A adapter, to memory card, to dexter? (USB converters are finicky, and I will likely require a better converter). Thanks for any advice...

Dave F
Old 05-28-2020, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Just got new ToneDexter last week, and am having fun trying different images (different mics, locations, etc....it DOES make a difference!). Just noticed on startup, it has v1.62, and now the latest is 1.64. Anyone updated? Is it worth the hassle of transferring from computer, USBc-A adapter, to memory card, to dexter? (USB converters are finicky, and I will likely require a better converter). Thanks for any advice...

Dave F
Hi Dave

Yes, it worth the hassle. Did you take note of all the updates James has provided? They are not just for fun.

I love James and his friends who not only look out for us, they service what we buy!!!

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-28-2020, 08:59 PM

For me the main difference is in speed of the training routine. Other improvements are discussed but that one is the most apparent and useful to me and is well worth the effort.

I suspect other updates will follow so you may as well get used to the process, also, getting handy with the SD card now will make it more likely you'll have backups when you need them.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:56 AM
Charter Member

Thanks. I was handy with SD cards several years ago, but have moved on. Had to dig out my “card reader”, since my mac with a reader built in is in need od a battery change! But it sounds like a useful upgrade, so here we go. Usually updating is a no brainer....i realize...

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-29-2020, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=ljguitar;6395317][size=2]Hi Dave

Yes, it worth the hassle. Did you take note of all the updates James has provided? They are not just for fun.

I love James and his friends who not only look out for us, they service what we buy!!!

“ Version 1.64 released April 14, 2020
Feature Enhancements:
Better level matching between WaveMap and bypass
Bug Fixes:
Fixed fizzy attack sound in bass training corner cases. This fix was carried into GEN and HGH as well, as a safety measure.
Known Issues:
None

These were the only notes I found on the latest upgrade. Is this what you refer to?
Old 05-29-2020, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Bought a new card reader/writer today, (usb-c) and everything transferred without a hitch. Those amazon-chinese adapter cables and old card readers just dont cut it. Ive read on other threads that usb devices can be finnicky, and we seem to be in a period where adapters are commonly needed. My brand new macbook pro only has usb-c type ports. No old style usb, card slot, or disc player. Im sure its better for some reason.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification