The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-01-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Songs with especially cool strumming patterns

Every now and then, I hear a song (usually praise songs, but not limited to)with an opening strumming pattern that is incredible. I'd love to learn some of these, but unfortunately I usually hear them while I'm driving and can't write down the title. Any good ones you know of?
Formerly ITArchitect
Old 05-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Here's some recommendations:

Latin music: in particular "Love and Liberté" by the Gipsy Kings. Tab is on powertab.com but requires that you donwload the freeware to read and play MIDI of the music. The time signatures in that song are pretty complex though.

Middle-Eastern music: Peter Gabriel's music from the early '90s had strong Northern-African and Middle Eastern rhythms. Also check out "The End" by the Doors and just about anything from the Page and Plant Unplugged album.

African music: Paul Simon went through a phase with a South African backing band. Peter Gabriel's "Biko" shares the same influence.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell