The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 10:12 AM

Default New Martin DRSG-Strings, came with MSP7200, Recomended SP Lifespan 92/8

Recently purchased my first Martin. Due to travel with my job I have only played it once but its not going anywhere.

While I was traveling this week I went over the specs and noticed the recommended strings were SP Life span 4200. I found a tag in the case last night that said it came wiht MSP7200. My guess they are both recommended.

I thought it was interesting suggested was one thing, came with something else. Also thought interesting was life span strings being coated are not as slick as Nanowebs etc. Or at least I think they are coated. They didnt seem slick at all, way different feel than Nanowebs from what I felt.

Also didnt realize there were Med and not lights. Only used lights on my guitars in the past. With my bad hand (Elbow/Wrist Surgery few yrs back) I always thought I would need to stick with lights. I guess my hand is getting better, it didnt know the difference.

I also think one of the reasons they ship with coated strings is string life. Easier to sell a guitar thats been on the shelf a while with strings that hold their life longer.

It will be fun to try the 98/2s when change strings to see what they sound like. I would bet 80/20 D'Addarios would work fine to. Thats what I've used in the past.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion