The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-22-2000, 07:36 PM

Post Posting problems

Hello,

I tried posting replies to some of the subjects in this forum.

The strange thing is that when I 'reply to' a message, I see my reply on the topic review after I've posted the reply but I don't see it on the list of topics when I reload the site.

Perhaps I'm not explaining this very well but here's what happens.

1. I hit the reply to post button.
2. I enter the reply and hit the submit reply button.
3. The website tells me the reply was made and it will take me back to the site when the page reloads.
4. I'm taken back to the topic site but my reply is not there.
5. I go back and hit reply again and my reply is there under the topic review list of topics.
6. When I go back to the site, or reload the site and go to the topic I replied to, the reply is still not there.
7. If I submit a new topic, that shows up right away....???

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

RL

Old 10-22-2000, 09:41 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Hmmm.. I haven't heard of that problem before. Check the settings on your browser. Have it check for a new version of the page each time you go there. Otherwise, it will load the cached version of the page. Are you using I.E. or Netscrape?

J.R.
Old 10-23-2000, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:
Hmmm.. I haven't heard of that problem before. Check the settings on your browser. Have it check for a new version of the page each time you go there. Otherwise, it will load the cached version of the page. Are you using I.E. or Netscrape?

J.R.
I'm going to try something different here using the post reply within your message.

Also, on the post you made regarding the AKG 3000 and NT2, I see my reply when I hit the reply to button and also your comments on my reply.

However, I don't see your lates reply on this post either until I hit post reply and then it shows up on the list of topics.

We'll see if this works.

RL

Old 10-23-2000, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:

J.R.
This is just an experiment to see if I can post a reply using I.E. Thats the browser I'm on now.

RL

Old 10-23-2000, 12:49 AM

Internet explore is working. I'm not sure why I.E. works and Netscape doesn't. But I'll use I.E. on this forum from now on.

Thanks

RL
Old 10-23-2000, 10:04 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

No problem. I know that I.E. works good with this forum, but I've heard that Netscape has problems with some forums (yours is the first report of a problem for this forum). I'll check with the software maker to see if they have any suggestions, but again, the problem is most likely in your Netscape settings. It seems to think that the page hasn't changed, and just loads the cached version.

J.R.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification