The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Default Anyone use Dr. Betotte

I just switched to a Mac laptop (lots of fun, lots to learn). Downloaded the Dr. Betotte metronome, etc. The guitar teacher I used to work with used it, and it seemed quite useful. Anyone here used it?
Lonny
Old 06-07-2009, 12:50 AM

Sorry no, I don't. I do occasionally use a computer or web based metronome, but only if I'm being very lazy and there's a computer in the room i'm in and its logged on. Personally I much prefer a simple deticated metronome - easy to carry around - battery lasts ages - and most important, I'm likely to use it as I just have to press an 'on' button and it working. I find that computer apps sound like a great idea but are generally tiresome to use, require me to start up the computer and are full of features I will never use after I've tried them once.
just by 2c.
Paul.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny View Post
I just switched to a Mac laptop (lots of fun, lots to learn). Downloaded the Dr. Betotte metronome, etc. The guitar teacher I used to work with used it, and it seemed quite useful. Anyone here used it?
Lonny
Hi Lonnie...
I have it on my iPod Touch and it was only $10 (like an iPhone without camera and phone). It is equal to or better than my $145 DB-88 Boss Studio Metronome.

I have not seen Dr Betotte for the Mac - I'll have to check it out...if it's the same set of features, then it's more than worth it if it's reasonably priced.

I'm not a metronome-a-holic, and the occasional uses I have for it render an expensive one rather useless. I used the Boss in studio for years, but since we closed the studio, I only use it occasionally with students during lessons...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write