The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-15-2000, 05:07 PM

Post Jewel Kilcher Limited Edition

1000 of these are being made and I bought No. 45. Beautiful guitar with great appointments and a sound which is quite bright. It does lack a bit in the bottom end but there is enough for me. One nice thing about the guitar is the Fishman Matrix pickup. I hate those mission control pods on most acoustic electric Taylors. Finally it is affordable. I should have coughed up the extra $100 and got the Taylor luggage case.The SKB is ok and it is a very tight fit.
Old 09-16-2000, 03:31 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Sounds like a nice guitar. I'd like to play one. Regarding the case, many people like the SKB case because it's about half the weight of the Taylor Luggage case, and it seems to protect very well.

J.R.
Old 10-26-2000, 01:47 PM
Eric Skye

I got to play one two weeks ago and was very impressed. Very light and airy tone. Great fingerstyle guitar. Too bad it says "Jewel" on it. I am iterested to see if they make any more guitars from those woods.Great price too.
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by min7b5; 09-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2000, 10:33 PM

Thumbs up

Howdy y'all

I tried the JKSM at the GC nearby and it sounded pretty good. The texture of the wood itself was grainy, so i almost thought it was maple, but i remembered that they made it from some other type of wood (bloodwood, or something like that?). The only thing that would probably get guys turned off by the guitar is the "jewel" inlay. But otherwise, nice guitar!
Old 10-30-2000, 12:23 AM
Jim

I think they used satinwood for the sides and back, though the term satinwood is kind of generic and can refer to different species. I'm not sure which satinwood they used. Does anyone know for sure?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification