The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 AM

[QUOTE=theguitarman]I dont' need any effects on my amp..I have a danelectro chorus-trem Wasabi, and a Boss Flanger....good enough for me...I do need a reverb pedal though....
Try the Line 6 reverb pedal it got great revues. Although I have not tried one myself I am so impressed with the Line 6 stuff I have tried I would recomend you try one out.
Simmo
Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM

I'm looking at getting one of these to use as a monitor for acoustic guitar and then to run out to the PA system.

Is everything still the same about these amps 4 years on?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarman View Post
thanks for all the input...I was just asking a simple question...I am basically just using it for my bedroom practice...playing with a couple other guys in a quiet practice room...I dont' need any effects on my amp..I have a danelectro chorus-trem Wasabi, and a Boss Flanger....good enough for me...I do need a reverb pedal though....other than that..it should be a good light acoustic amp, that sounds natural and easy to carry around.....looking forward to getting it on Tuesday....thanks
paul
I've had one of these which my son now has and uses with his Taylor GS7 (with K&K mini installed). For the money and in case you ever wanted to use it in a living room jam session or coffee house setting, I don't believe you could get a better sounding and nicely made acoustic amp.

Martin 0000-18 12-Fret Adi/Sinker Mahogany
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterPaul View Post
...Is everything still the same about these amps 4 years on?
Hi Paul…
As far as one can determine, it is the same amp as when it was introduced over 5 years ago.

Kind of one of those ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it'' kind of amps...still the best bang for the buck in a pro-grade amp in an affordable package.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM

I have the AG30 and it is a great amp for the home and works great live since it has a DI out to a PA, Mixer, etc. It is extremely well built with great components. The preamp section is great and again if you ever need to fill a room makes for a great DI.

JackL
Old 04-28-2010, 09:20 AM

Default Ultrasound AG-30, Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarman View Post
I just bought the ULtrasound AG-30 Acoustic amp...I wasn looking for something pretty portable but sounding good and inexpensive...
For the needs you've described, I think it's better than good, it's excellent! The fact that it is not excellent for other needs shouldn't bother you at all.

For me, the AG-50 DS4 was a better choice, but then my needs are a bit different. The choice of our equipment should be based on what we need, what we can pay for, and what we prefer. Of course, these will be very different from one person to another. Sounds to me like you did very well indeed.

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification