The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-24-2020, 10:24 PM
Charter Member

Default Incoming Emerald Blue X20...

This forum seems really experienced with guitars coming to the states from Emerald in Ireland. I’ve seen some razzing about timelines that gives the impression of hard-won knowledge.

Of course, it’s the internet.

I have a new Emerald on its way from the factory, shipped last Friday, the 17th. Their automatic email system was down, and I just learned that it actually shipped, and the status they emailed me shows the most recent status yesterday (23 Jan 2:25PM) as “Processed Through Facility ISC San Francisco (USPS).” I live about 25 minutes from the SFO airport.

When I put the tracking number into the USPS site, all I get is “Label Created, not yet in system”

Am I gonna get my new guitar tomorrow??? Or sometime in March???

Cheers and thanks!
Marc
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 PM

Probably Monday, but tomorrow is possible.

I got mine in AZ on a Saturday when I got my ship notice on Thursday. It's about 50/50 if you get it before USPS generates tracking info.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 01-24-2020, 11:03 PM

Should have it by Spring... what razzing do you mean ?? Does it contain dazzle too?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-24-2020, 11:06 PM

Also is said X20 designed for playing the blues? (Asking for friend)
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-25-2020, 01:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Also is said X20 designed for playing the blues? (Asking for friend)

Gosh I hope so! That’d be a reason to send it back if it won’t go 12 bars at a time. Or at least 8.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectro28 View Post
Am I gonna get my new guitar tomorrow??? Or sometime in March???

Cheers and thanks!
Marc
Probably some time in between, and sooner rather than later. Despite the suspense and waiting game, you're sure to find your new guitar worth the wait...
Old 01-25-2020, 05:41 AM

You'll likely get it before USPS updates their website to tell you there's a shipping label. Also were you able to get the shipping number that starts with EF? The original one doesn't work in the USPS system and you'll only get as far as you get regardless of where the guitar is.

Congratulations! The X20's been my main go to guitar since the end of 2013 though it's gotten some pretty heavy competition from another guitar recently and may ultimately lose its spot in the line up. The vote is still out.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 01-25-2020, 06:48 PM
Guest 928

Spectro;

When RP says that you'll get it sometime in between, I think he means between this and next year. He's one of those agitators that The Captain mentions.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Well, thanks all, and Mot — you’re right, the number starting with EF worked the trick, and when I pasted it in on my phone at my friend’s house, I learned they’d tried to deliver it this morning. Not bad. I’ll pick it up at the local post office on Monday, and will report back here!

Cheers -
Marc
Old 01-25-2020, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Spectro;

When RP says that you'll get it sometime in between, I think he means between this and next year. He's one of those agitators that The Captain mentions.
Actually, I meant...oh nevermind. Enjoy your new X20........
Old 01-27-2020, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Incoming Emerald Blue X20...

The new blue Emerald is here.

Nice. Ordered on 1/15, playing it the morning of 1/27 in the Bay Area. That’s with a pickup swap from the undersaddle only to the Anthem.

Initial impressions are that the blue is indeed light dependent, but very cool. The guitar setup seems spot-on. And it’s a really comfortable guitar!

Strings seem a little ‘dull’ to me, I typically play the Nickel Bronze D’Addarios in a gauge to suit the guitar (either would try the balanced tension lights, or regular 12-53s on this guitar first). I’m guessing these strings are pretty thickly coated, which I usually don’t go wild over.

Sweet, more as it happens —
Marc
Old 01-27-2020, 11:48 AM

Wow...cool looking!! Sorta matches your recycle can.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

Looks good, and the picture certainly satisfies the NGD requirement. However, it would great to see a shot of the front that's not darkened by shade. The trick is to shoot with the sunshine behind you rather than shooting into the light...
Old 01-27-2020, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on a super duper X20 ! How did I know someone in this group would comment on the recycle can ! LOL and of course....Kramster didn't let me down. . Enjoy your Emerald.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:33 PM

At first glance, I thought your guitar stand was carbon fiber, but it was only the pattern of sunlight shining through the window shades.
Congratulations! The blue that I can see looks so beautiful in that light.
You made a great choice selecting an X20.

Having played the newer X7 and the previous series X7, the newer X10 and the newer X30. I still feel the present X20 is still the best choice of Emerald guitar models.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber