The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecuss View Post
specs photo says the top is European Spruce?
This.

Exactly.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:02 AM

Pictures vs. spec sheet - ivoroid binding on body and peghead, pickguard, herringbone purfling? Am I missing something?
Old 01-25-2020, 09:08 AM

Is it odd that the OP has not weighed in yet?
Old 01-25-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd28 View Post
Pictures vs. spec sheet - ivoroid binding on body and peghead, pickguard, herringbone purfling? Am I missing something?
I'm not sure, but looking at the e-mail from SCGC (last photo in original post), my reading was that the spec sheet shown was the standard OM Grand specs referred to in the e-mail; the e-mail describes what is different on this particular guitar (binding, rosette, top wood, etc).
Old 01-25-2020, 09:19 AM

Default OMG

All Hands:

I took the first offer by the clock, sale pending. Had no idea the ad would generate such a vigorous response. I've bought several guitars on AGF but never sold one.

The clumsy pics of the spec sheet are from the SCGC website, to show what's NOT custom on this guitar. The pic of the email from SCGC explains what IS custom, e.g. the top and other features.

I've had this guitar for 2 years as my main instrument and I've been very happy with it but my shoulder disagrees. I too wondered about the right-left conversion but took a chance on it, and it was justified. Nothing seems to have moved, distorted, or warped. I keep it inits case when not actually playing, with Oasis humidifiers in winter and dry packs in summer to stay between 45% and 55% RH.

Interestingly, last March I was at both Gruen and Carter Vintage in Nashville, and made a point to play every SCGC OM I could find. Didn't find they sounded or played any better so I kept mine, but now I must give up this body shape.

I arrived at my price by a scientific process of taking what I paid and knocking off a bit for time and a few scars as described.

Khornet
Old 01-25-2020, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khornet View Post
All Hands:

I took the first offer by the clock, sale pending. Had no idea the ad would generate such a vigorous response. I've bought several guitars on AGF but never sold one.

The clumsy pics of the spec sheet are from the SCGC website, to show what's NOT custom on this guitar. The pic of the email from SCGC explains what IS custom, e.g. the top and other features.

I've had this guitar for 2 years as my main instrument and I've been very happy with it but my shoulder disagrees. I too wondered about the right-left conversion but took a chance on it, and it was justified. Nothing seems to have moved, distorted, or warped. I keep it inits case when not actually playing, with Oasis humidifiers in winter and dry packs in summer to stay between 45% and 55% RH.

Interestingly, last March I was at both Gruen and Carter Vintage in Nashville, and made a point to play every SCGC OM I could find. Didn't find they sounded or played any better so I kept mine, but now I must give up this body shape.

I arrived at my price by a scientific process of taking what I paid and knocking off a bit for time and a few scars as described.

Khornet
Thanks for the explanation. New buyer will get what looks to be an outstanding SC at an outstanding price! I'm bummed to miss out, but happy for the new owner.
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 01-25-2020, 09:27 AM

Default OMG

Found a nice old H&D OM here on AGF a while back and stopped taking naproxen. Time to move this SCGC to a loving home, that's all. Right now I'm working in NW New Mexico so I didn't see most of the replies until 0630 Mountain Time today.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecuss View Post
Thanks for the explanation. New buyer will get what looks to be an outstanding SC at an outstanding price! I'm bummed to miss out, but happy for the new owner.
I'll second that.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars