The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-26-2018, 05:38 PM

THAT'S one gorgeous Emerald! Krazy Koa! You are making me reconsider a new X7 in blue for koa!

Just wow! Please tell me more.

Last edited by steelvibe; 07-26-2018 at 05:41 PM. Reason: re-read OP, answered own question
Old 07-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post

Will post a NGD thread tonight or tomorrow, even though it is only new to me. Thanks Mitch for selling it to me. And thanks to the folks here for the great advice and kind words.

Glad to see if finally arrived!

Mitch
Old 07-26-2018, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

Happy for you! That is a lovely guitar, and those are some fine looking felines!

I have been fortunate: each of our cats (one at a time over the years) have seemed to truly appreciate the singing and playing.

I know there was some discussion of: this beautiful koa woody will "hold you until your newly ordered guitar is done," but that is going to be hard to give up, no matter what is incoming.

Congrats again, on the guitars and your new home!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:12 AM

Beautiful guitar, cute cats - always a good combination. Congrats.

If you find yourself able to part with it after your custom X7 comes in, please send me an email (not a PM as I do not log on often anymore). Personally I could see you keeping both X7's in different tunings for slack-key, and loving both. My wife's X7 woody only gets played in taro patch (Open G) tuning. It has been in standard tuning maybe 3-4 times since it arrived, and that was mostly to let others test drive it.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Thank you so much to all of you for the kind words (about the guitar and cat!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
THAT'S one gorgeous Emerald! Krazy Koa! You are making me reconsider a new X7 in blue for koa!

Just wow! Please tell me more.
Thank you so much, I just did a NGD thread post here.
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...21#post5793921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Beautiful guitar, cute cats - always a good combination. Congrats.

If you find yourself able to part with it after your custom X7 comes in, please send me an email (not a PM as I do not log on often anymore). Personally I could see you keeping both X7's in different tunings for slack-key, and loving both. My wife's X7 woody only gets played in taro patch (Open G) tuning. It has been in standard tuning maybe 3-4 times since it arrived, and that was mostly to let others test drive it.
You got it, you have first dibs.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 07-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Guest 928

In your dreams, Earl. Wicked will not be giving up this beautiful guitar, it's like part of her birthright. But a good try, and who knows? At least you got your dibs in.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Guest 928

But maybe she'll sell the new one?
Old 07-28-2018, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
But maybe she'll sell the new one?
Dude, talking about selling the new one only a week or so since it has been ordered???

I'm going with: she is going to love them both!
Old 07-29-2018, 07:26 AM

I have got to say I doubt Earl bags a guitar out of this! What a great looking X7! You can always use 2 for differn’t tunings
Old 07-29-2018, 08:21 AM

Agreed. It is highly doubtful that Wicked Wahine will want to part with X7 Koa once she bonds with it. The new X7 will be its fancier younger sibling, and neither one will be going anywhere. Two cats, two X7's - that math seems to work out.

Meanwhile I will console myself playing slack-key on Alice's X7 Bubinga, which never leaves taropatch tuning. At least in a day or two. I put medium gauge strings on my X20 on Friday and played for 90 minutes. Then we jammed for 3½ hours in two shifts at a friend's house yesterday. We have another jam session scheduled with other friends for this afternoon, but that one may be limited to the nylon strings of a ukulele. Or I might dig out the Guild classical that hardly ever sees the light of day..... I'm really not a classical or even a nylon string player, but that guitar was gifted to me by an wonderful elderly lady who was downsizing. Lovely gift.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:35 AM

Congrats, that’s a beauty! It’ll be in your hands before you know it.
I was tracking a package a long time ago. When it finally got to my local delivery city, the note changed from “On schedule” to “Returning to sender. Item damaged enroute.” That hurt!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Glad you got the guitar. Looks beautiful with the cat ornaments.
And I only received a cup with mine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber